NFL trying to convince College Football Playoff to change schedule-update NFL going up against CFP

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Do we see the NFL oversaturating the market and putting more games on Saturday throughout the season and Friday? Because I have a feeling that might be in the pipeline

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Exactly it makes no an sense to be as rigid and greedy like the NFL is. Leave saturdays and fridays alone and let your minor league shine.

What if you have a CFP playoff game of OSU at Georgia happening a the same time as a useless week 17 nfl game. How dumb
I don't know about that, but you gonna have alot of HS football parents who are NFL stans feeling like Bernie Mac at the church if the NFL decides on Friday games :dead:

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
I'm watching college

Bet they still put up respectable numbers :yeshrug:
It's first round games too anyway.

TBH I don't give a fukk about Liberty playing Iowa or some shyt that much.

It's not like the marquee play off matches that the NFL is planning on going against.

I hate the NFL but kind of am on their side with this one. CFB decision makers are getting greedy and watering down the game imo.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Why? They need to stop doing thursday games except thanksgiving and just do sunday and monday with MNF doubleheaders every week. 1 game on ABC and the other on that wack ass amazon prime shyt

Seems like all your ideas would make less money. Thus its not a good idea

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
It's first round games too anyway.

TBH I don't give a fukk about Liberty playing Iowa or some shyt that much.

It's not like the marquee play off matches that the NFL is planning on going against.

I hate the NFL but kind of am on their side with this one. CFB decision makers are getting greedy and watering down the game imo.
See I look at it in the opposite way.

I'm a CFB head that has always wanted a true playoff so I'm not made at the expansion.

I think the NFL is arrogant and doing to much for 2 reasons

1) As said by folks in this thread: Why create conflict with you tried and true farm system? Why step on the org that helps create your future stars? Sound arrogant and stupid imo.

2) As I said earlier the NFL would win a ratings battle but CFB is the only Sport that THE NFL WONT DOMINATE.

No matter how good the NFL games ratings are they will almost certainly get eaten into heavily by the CFB games and I bet there will be a few first round match upa in CFB that will be pretty hyped.

It takes a lot of hubris to do this, but that's the NFL.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
See I look at it in the opposite way.

I'm a CFB head that has always wanted a true playoff so I'm not made at the expansion.

I think the NFL is arrogant and doing to much for 2 reasons

1) As said by folks in this thread: Why create conflict with you tried and true farm system? Why step on the org that helps create your future stars? Sound arrogant and stupid imo.

2) As I said earlier the NFL would win a ratings battle but CFB is the only Sport that THE NFL WONT DOMINATE.

No matter how good the NFL games ratings are they will almost certainly get eaten into heavily by the CFB games and I bet there will be a few first round match upa in CFB that will be pretty hyped.

It takes a lot of hubris to do this, but that's the NFL.
You make good points on why the NFL is out of line. Can't really argue against it.

My stance isn't as rational or logical. It's based on the fact that I'm a CFB head but am not a fan of CFB playoffs, not even the 4 team shyt really, much less expansion (much less to TWELVE fukking teams, I might've been able to accept 8 more readily).

I really haven't fukked with the NFL like that in a while. I occasionally will got to a regular season game here and there with people, but it's more for social reasons than to watch the game. I really only watch the AFC/NFC championship games and sometimes the Superbowl.