NIKKI D: 'THE FEMALE GENRE OF HIP HOP TODAY IS THE ‘PROSTITUTION ERA'’ | RockTheBells.com

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
Hip-Hop veteran Nikki D recently sparked a lot of conversation when she commented on Ice Spice's performance at Power 105’s Powerhouse concert this past weekend. Ice Spice was wearing a very short red Betty Boop costume, and seemed uncomfortable, as she kept pulling at it when it exposed her backside as she performed.

Nikki posted a clip of the performance and captioned it with her thoughts on the state of women in Hip-Hop these days, as Hip-Hop Wired points out.

“Oh come TF on!!! You mean to tell me, this is true talent... the Female genre of hip hop today is the ‘prostitution era’, fight me!!" Nikki, who was the first female rap artist signed to Def Jam in 1989, captioned the clip. "Notice the ONLY 2x’s the crowd reacts... during the familiar ‘munch line’ and when she turns around to show her ass!! She’s one of the top female rappers out at the ‘moment’... where’s her show production, rehearsal, and for god's sake PLEASE STOP singing over those studio vocals; it’s not a live show at that point."

Nikki then said Ice Spice's management should call her. "This girl got 5 minutes left, and y’all gonna blow it!!!”

Her comments sparked significant discussion, especially since just one sub-genre seems to represent women in rap as of late. Nikki followed up the post with another, citing HipHopDX's coverage of her comments.

"To be clear, I’m addressing the business on a whole; this Ice Spice performance caught my attention," she said. That too, elicited a lot of responses, including from The Lady of Rage who posted a meme of Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men, shouting "You can't handle the truth!"

Check out Nikki's post and the discussion it sparked here.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
What does Ice Spice rocking the Betty Boop costume (straight outta 1930) for Halloween have to do with prostitution.
new-york-ny-july-11-2016-nikki-d-attends-2016-vh1-hip-hop-honors-all-KNB1TD.jpg

if nikki tried it she would look like jim the anvil neidhart

nikki wasnt sayin shyt when kim was hoein herself ...trina then nikki came

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Def Jam had her rapping in just a bra during the conscious era talking about being "daddy's little girl"
she knows the game (not even gonna get into behind the scenes dirt or how she really became the first female on DJ...speaking of prostitution...)

she even admitted later that wasn't her so Nikki D can do what she has to do to get paid but Ice Spice can't?

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Hating ass HEAUX. Who is Nikki D???

Hip-Hop veteran Nikki D recently sparked a lot of conversation when she commented on Ice Spice's performance at Power 105’s Powerhouse concert this past weekend. Ice Spice was wearing a very short red Betty Boop costume, and seemed uncomfortable, as she kept pulling at it when it exposed her backside as she performed.

Nikki posted a clip of the performance and captioned it with her thoughts on the state of women in Hip-Hop these days, as Hip-Hop Wired points out.

“Oh come TF on!!! You mean to tell me, this is true talent... the Female genre of hip hop today is the ‘prostitution era’, fight me!!" Nikki, who was the first female rap artist signed to Def Jam in 1989, captioned the clip. "Notice the ONLY 2x’s the crowd reacts... during the familiar ‘munch line’ and when she turns around to show her ass!! She’s one of the top female rappers out at the ‘moment’... where’s her show production, rehearsal, and for god's sake PLEASE STOP singing over those studio vocals; it’s not a live show at that point."

Nikki then said Ice Spice's management should call her. "This girl got 5 minutes left, and y’all gonna blow it!!!”

Her comments sparked significant discussion, especially since just one sub-genre seems to represent women in rap as of late. Nikki followed up the post with another, citing HipHopDX's coverage of her comments.

"To be clear, I’m addressing the business on a whole; this Ice Spice performance caught my attention," she said. That too, elicited a lot of responses, including from The Lady of Rage who posted a meme of Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men, shouting "You can't handle the truth!"

Check out Nikki's post and the discussion it sparked here.

giphy.gif