Nikki Haley vows to abolish anonymous social media accounts: 'It's a national security threat'

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
E-rEkwFWYAA9d8C.jpg

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Wait til they find out they are mostly far right troll farms and bots.

They don't care about that. This was always going to come in. The government's been wanting to regulate the Internet. Look at the 5 English speaking countries Australia Canada New Zealand UK and US all have different governments on the left and right and all have been pushing for censorship law changes over the past couple of years.

NegaDuck

"F*ck Duckberg ho!"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eastside of Duckton
It's going to happen. Enjoy the last bastion of the free, anonymous internet.
Unfortunately I agree.

Bout to take a page outta the China playbook and use the pat riot Act or some other version to do it.

When Facebook started wanting real names I knew the clock was started

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I'm all for that. It would impact the Republicans the most.

:manny:

It's going to happen. Enjoy the last bastion of the free, anonymous internet.
I'mma get flack for this, but I'm not opposed to it. There's trade-offs with everything. I am concerned about whistle-blowers being able to function and it being easier to steal someone's identity (like we don't all shop online and get our shyt stolen now anyway), but those instances are far less frequent than the ability of some far-right basement-dweller to outright makeup some shyt without fear of repercussion. This doesn't infringe on free speech, it does however significantly impede someone's ability to yell "fire" in a crowded theater because now we know exactly who is doing it.

You'll watch what you say if the community will come down on you for falsely making up shyt...just like what happened back in the day when the tin foil hats made shyt up.

Anonymity empowers people to make shyt up for whatever their motivation is. And this is not even to say you have to have your "government" be public-facing, the general public will actually know it's connected to an identifiable person.