NJPW: G1 Climax 25 FINALS TONIGHT!

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
Current standings
NJPW G1 Climax Day 4-5 Results: Current Standings, Huge Star Gets Injured - WrestlingInc.com
Block A:

1) AJ Styles (4 points, 2-1)
1) Hiroshi Tanahashi (4 points, 2-1)
1) Tetsuya Naito (4 points, 2-1)
1) Katsuyori Shibata (4 points, 2-1)
1) Bad Luck Fale (4 points, 2-1)
1) Kota Ibushi (4 points, 2-1)
7) Hiroyoshi Tenzan (2 points, 1-2)
7) Togi Makabe (2 points, 1-2)
9) Toru Yano (2 points, 1-2)
10) Doc Gallows (0 points, 0-3)

Block B:

1) Tomohiro Ishii (4 points, 2-0)
1) Kazuchika Okada (4 points, 2-0)
1) Karl Anderson (4 points, 2-0)
4) Yuji Nagata (2 points, 1-1)
4) Hirooki Goto (2 points, 1-1)
4) Satoshi Kojima (2 points, 1-1)
7) Shinsuke Nakamura (2 points, 1-1)
8) Tomoaki Honma (0 points, 0-2)
8) Michael Elgin (0 points, 0-2)
8) Yujiro Takahashi (0 points, 0-2)

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Nakamura out vs. Elgin.

VeD0bbq.gif

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
Nakamura out vs. Elgin.

VeD0bbq.gif
UnJMkih.gif

We need that Nakamura vs Styles final:nakamuramjcry:

Hopefully he can compete in his next match. I may need to go back and watch the Nagata match because I don't recall any spot that looked like he got hurt on. This gives me some hope
NJPW G1 Climax News: Shinsuke Nakamura Injury Update | Inside Pulse
Shinsuke Nakamura has not been cleared by the NJPW medical staff to compete in today’s G1 Climax Day 6. As indicated before, Nakamura suffered an elbow injury and was already pulled from the tag matches on Day 5. No official news yet as to when he will be cleared to return.

His scheduled opponent, Michael Elgin, was awarded the victory by forfeit, but, as of yet, Shinsuke Nakamura is still in the tournament. Which might indicate that NJPW’s plans were indeed to have him win this year’s G1 since, in previous edition, NJPW would remove any wrestler that got injured and have him forfeit all matches. Not doing so here does buy them some time to determine the severity of Nakamura’s injury and come up with a contingency plan.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I mean, ever since the Dome shot thing started, the winner of the G1 has defended his shot until 1/4. Naka not being healthy isn't the end of the world. Just have AJ win it and lose the shot to Naka later in the year. It'd add some heft to those Dome briefcase challenge matches in the future, as they've all been forgone conclusions until now.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Just finished night 3-5.

These matches are worth watching:

Night 3:

7. G1 Climax – Block A: Toru Yano vs. AJ Styles (Pretty fun match)
8. G1 Climax – Block A: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tetsuya Naito
9. G1 Climax – Block A: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan (Tenzan looks super slow these days but he had a really good match with Tana here)

Night 4
6. G1 Climax – Block B: Satoshi Kojima vs. Michael Elgin
8. G1 Climax – Block B: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Yuji Nagata (Great match, way better than their February match)
9. G1 Climax – Block B: Kazuchika Okada vs. Tomoaki Honma (Excellent match, but will Honma ever win? :mjcry:)

Night 5
7. G1 Climax – Block A: Togi Makabe vs. Katsuyori Shibata
8. G1 Climax – Block A: Kota Ibushi vs. AJ Styles (Better than their first match this year IMO and one of the best matches so far)
9. G1 Climax – Block A: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
If it wasn't for the core strength of Ibushi that top rope Styles Clash reversal could have been REAL ugly:whew:
I loved how AJ graduated right into trying to actually murder Ibushi: The apron tombstone tease, the middle rope suplex to the outside tease, and the super duper Styles Clash. It's like AJ is the only one that realizes Ibushi is a psychopath that needs to be put down :damn:

Also :blessed: AJ blessing that match with some of the AJ/Joe spots, like the tangled up in the bottom rope kick down to the floor, and the apron sweep.