North Carolina Republicans sue to preserve racial gerrymandering

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do unto to others isn't dependent on if others follow it, its dependent and matters only to the person that values it as a principle. If you value you it as a principle and you think its worth living buy, then you do so, regardless of others.

If you think someone saying they wont engage in behavior they would criticize from others, or engage in thought or ignorance that they would critique in others, if you think that is smugness, that says more about you than about who you are trying to critique. Not being hypocritical, simple is not being hypocrticial.

Again though, like i said, I see no value in getting angry to the point you start wishing violence and fire bombings on others

I agree with this. Also, I am not on the Vote or Die campaign. However you both make good points. I am more in line with @Behelit on this. How much gray area is between advocating/wishing for violence against oppressor and being a Stockholm Syndrome victim? I believe "Do unto others..." is another trick. Its ok to live by it as long as balance and harmony permits...but when you are talking extinction level or backing someone in a corner, somewhere the mental approach has to re-thought. I think both of you are correct in some aspect, none of us have the definitive answer and our opinions are predicated on our individual environments. I just happen to be of the opinion that we are being warred against without consciously accepting or realizing it. I am not into politics at all at this stage in my life because I believe it serves as a distraction to black people but wherever there is oppression it has to be acknowledged and "defended" against if any basic premise of self-preservation exists.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Hopefully they can fix this shyt, that said, i bet these black voters won't demand shyt from the dems they elect. SMH

giphy.gif

:laff: how does this make sense

Hopefully they can fix this shyt, that said, i bet these black voters won't demand shyt from the dems they elect. SMH
So if the black voters aren't demanding shyt from the dems they elect, then who is the "they" you are alluding to in the first sentence?

Obviously the black voters are demanding shyt as they are the ones mounting the rally against racial gerrymandering.

How do you flip racial gerrymandering into a challenge of black voter activism?

Don't you live in Alabama nikka?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
giphy.gif

:laff: how does this make sense

So if the black voters aren't demanding shyt from the dems they elect, then who is the "they" you are alluding to in the first sentence?

Obviously the black voters are demanding shyt as they are the ones mounting the rally against racial gerrymandering.

How do you flip racial gerrymandering into a challenge of black voter activism?

Don't you live in Alabama nikka?
You are confused because you choose to be so.
Its very simple, black americans have a poor habit of blindly voting for Dems as a monolithic block, but not demanding anything from them like other racial blocks. Which is why blacks can overwhelmingly determine elections as a block, but Dems continue to do nothing for them, but hey Israelis get those billions every year, gays get their money, asians get their kick backs locally, what do black gets from the dems?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You are confused because you choose to be so.
Its very simple, black americans have a poor habit of blindly voting for Dems as a monolithic block, but not demanding anything from them like other racial blocks. Which is why blacks can overwhelmingly determine elections as a block, but Dems continue to do nothing for them, but hey Israelis get those billions every year, gays get their money, asians get their kick backs locally, what do black gets from the dems?

Excuse me sir....

But I need to ask this question again because I think you missed it....

who is the "they" you are alluding to in the first sentence?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
they the ones in NC suing the NC GOP.
Pretty simple
:laff: you can't even fix ya fingers to type it

You mean the democratic party in NC suing the NC GOP on behalf black voters :smugrodgers:

The same democratic party you said will "continue to do nothing for them":smugrodgers:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
:laff: you can't even fix ya fingers to type it

You mean the democratic party in NC suing the NC GOP on behalf black voters :smugrodgers:

The same democratic party you said will "continue to do nothing for them":smugrodgers:

you seem to think you have made a point, but you haven't. Just a angry man barking at shadows.
I specifically said I hope the people are successful and fix the problem, but that they don't just blindly vote for dems.
simple concept, seems you are angry about it.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
you seem to think you have made a point, but you haven't. Just a angry man barking at shadows.
I specifically said I hope the people are successful and fix the problem, but that they don't just blindly vote for dems.
simple concept, seems you are angry about it.

:laff: "the people". The Democratic Party is the term you are looking for sir.

The election season is over nikka. What are you talking about with phrases such as "blindly voting". The people in legislative positions committed to fighting racial gerrymandering are already in place. This is another red herring you're using to shift the focus of this story onto the Democratic Party and the not the GOP that is responsible, yet again, for racial discrimination.

The people who "continue to do nothing" for blacks have got it from here.

this guy...:heh:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I agree with this. Also, I am not on the Vote or Die campaign. However you both make good points. I am more in line with @Behelit on this. How much gray area is between advocating/wishing for violence against oppressor and being a Stockholm Syndrome victim? I believe "Do unto others..." is another trick. Its ok to live by it as long as balance and harmony permits...but when you are talking extinction level or backing someone in a corner, somewhere the mental approach has to re-thought. I think both of you are correct in some aspect, none of us have the definitive answer and our opinions are predicated on our individual environments. I just happen to be of the opinion that we are being warred against without consciously accepting or realizing it. I am not into politics at all at this stage in my life because I believe it serves as a distraction to black people but wherever there is oppression it has to be acknowledged and "defended" against if any basic premise of self-preservation exists.
Very good debate between the two breh's. We need more of this in here. Less partisan stanning