NYC brehs - Advice on Potential Location Scouting for Home Ownership

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I need some input - especially about black neighborhoods in Long Island & Queens - and although knowing how much fukkery fills the Coli, I still value this community for crowd sourcing. :obama:

I need good NYC neighborhood, preferably predominantly Black or at least have the black population well represented in the schools and not too far away from Downtown Brooklyn/Downtown Manhattan. I could never see myself a NJ resident, by the way.

Background:

My family has been growing - a beautiful feeling - however, I'm currently making serious accommodations and sacrifices to comfort because the Brooklyn home we are living in is feeling very smothered. Not enough room or living space.

The Facts:

I've been fortunate to be in line to inherit the Brooklyn Co-op that I'm currently living in that my parents bought in the 80s. I was raised in it my whole life so I'm a product of pre-gentrified Fort Greene. The thing is, in a few years when my youngest - who is 8 months today - ages a couple years, she's going to need her own room, whereas my two boys will have their own room.

If I was just comfortable selling my current property, this would only be an issue about finding a new spot, but, because of how lucrative Fort Greene property is, any moment I actually sell, I'll be kicking myself the next year because it increases in value about 50-100k per year.

Considering studio apts go for about 2,000+ for rent in Fort Greene, I want to keep the property and attempt to HOPEFULLY work within the rules to rent out the rooms essentially paying off the mortgage for the new home I eventually move into. I'm also trying to keep this property as a nest egg - legacy piece - for my children.

The biggest concern, though, NEIGHBORHOOD. I'm terrifyingly scared of moving into a middle class or higher neighborhood where my black children end up hanging with the influence that turns them into "honestly, dad, ALLLIVESMATTER, though" black children. :to::whoa:

I'm really disheartened by the lack of well to do Black enclaves in NYC. If anybody is a home owner, or has real experience in a certain area that can hit all of the concerns I have, please contribute. :salute:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Cambria heights in Queens bro is what your looking for .

Black Incomes Surpass Whites in Queens
You know what's crazy, breh? My wife and I were living there for a minute. Nashville Blvd right off Linden, actually. When I first moved there I was worried because I'm not used to such quite. I sleep better when I hear the random ambulance sirens and police sirens at night. lol

But, I LOVED IT. It's pretty much all black faces, quiet, and welcoming. Your suggestion is just a sign that it may be my location. Considering I NEED that connection to Brooklyn, it would be a dream to move within walking distance to the St. Albans LIRR station on Linden Blvd so I just jump right on it and be 30 mins ride from Atlantic Terminal. I work Downtown Manhattan near the WTC so that would be ideal.

Move to PA.
No disrespect to PA people but I want my kids to be NYers at this point. It would be a shell shock for me and I'm not trying to commute to NY for work everyday nor am I trying to grind to re-establish a law practice in PA.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
jamaica queens. i never lived there but grew up spending summers there. real nice black surburb.

uniondale/freeport seem like black(ish) burbs.

maybe try canarsie if you wanna stay in bk

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Assuming you're not worried about property tax (Long Island :mjlol:)

Baldwin, Nassau(30
mins from ur old hood)
Freeport, Nassau
Wheatley Heights, Suffolk (about an hour)
Elmont (Extremely good school but does have a higher proportion of Coli-Esque suburbrehs)

The thing with Queens is this..

That whole Black mega area in central-eastern queens full of middle class blacks people with nice houses

Rosedale
Laurelton
Queens Village
St. Albans
Springfield Gardens
valley Stream (LI but fits into this category)

Are all prime examples of the middle class black recidivism pool.. The young people there are almost all originally from thoro areas of Brooklyn/Southside and engage in bare negativity, really fukking up what are nice areas that their parents brought them to to escape the hood.. I see it with my lil cousin and the dudes he be around(they from southside and now live in Shadyville). wouldnt want to raise your boys out there.

Aslong as you don't mind getting drilled in property tax, Nassau has a lot of middle class black areas with non-c00nish black families where u can raise a proud black family.

Also, don't sleep on NJ breh, it can actually be CLOSER than some spots in Queens/LI

Daps
Reppin
NULL
jamaica queens. i never lived there but grew up spending summers there. real nice black surburb.

uniondale/freeport seem like black(ish) burbs.

maybe try canarsie if you wanna stay in bk
canarsie is the place to be if you want suburb like living in BK. alot cheaper than 80 percent of the rest of BK

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Rosedale, Laurelton in Queens (both got LIRR stops) or Elmont on Long Island (it's on the border of Queens next to Cambria). Elmont isn't near a LIRR stop though, the closest is at Valley Stream

sdizzle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NYC
Assuming you're not worried about property tax (Long Island :mjlol:)

Baldwin, Nassau(30
mins from ur old hood)
Freeport, Nassau
Wheatley Heights, Suffolk (about an hour)
Elmont (Extremely good school but does have a higher proportion of Coli-Esque suburbrehs)

The thing with Queens is this..

That whole Black mega area in central-eastern queens full of middle class blacks people with nice houses

Rosedale
Laurelton
Queens Village
St. Albans
Springfield Gardens
valley Stream (LI but fits into this category)

Are all prime examples of the middle class black recidivism pool.. The young people there are almost all originally from thoro areas of Brooklyn/Southside and engage in bare negativity, really fukking up what are nice areas that their parents brought them to to escape the hood.. I see it with my lil cousin and the dudes he be around(they from southside and now live in Shadyville). wouldnt want to raise your boys out there.

Aslong as you don't mind getting drilled in property tax, Nassau has a lot of middle class black areas with non-c00nish black families where u can raise a proud black family.

Also, don't sleep on NJ breh, it can actually be CLOSER than some spots in Queens/LI

Easy now breh I grew up in that area :hhh:.. Not sure if it changed but it was fine when I was growing up, we still have a house out there.