NYC brehs - Advice on Potential Location Scouting for Home Ownership

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i feel you on the last part, but honestly, they are YOUR kids, and YOU raise them.

so while the place they grow up, the schools they attend all play a part, no influence will be stronger than yours.

congrats on having the foresight about selling the condo. thats a fukking win my dude.

if you're looking for space, maybe check out Hempstead in LI, but also look at Riverdale in the BX, or even possibly Yonkers.

i'm Harlem/Manhattan through and through, can't even imagine not living in manhttan. but i went to school in riverdale, and got fam in hempstead.

i think both spots might work for you.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
And, Although Canarsie is still Brooklyn, I just can't comprehend a Brooklyn neighborhood WITH A SCARCITY OF TRAIN STATIONS.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
i feel you on the last part, but honestly, they are YOUR kids, and YOU raise them.

so while the place they grow up, the schools they attend all play a part, no influence will be stronger than yours.

congrats on having the foresight about selling the condo. thats a fukking win my dude.

if you're looking for space, maybe check out Hempstead in LI, but also look at Riverdale in the BX, or even possibly Yonkers.

i'm Harlem/Manhattan through and through, can't even imagine not living in manhttan. but i went to school in riverdale, and got fam in hempstead.

i think both spots might work for you.
Breh, True.

BUT, as we all know environmental influences are extremely important. They will spend the most amount of the time with their friends, with the community, and in the streets.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
You know what's crazy, breh? My wife and I were living there for a minute. Nashville Blvd right off Linden, actually. When I first moved there I was worried because I'm not used to such quite. I sleep better when I hear the random ambulance sirens and police sirens at night. lol

But, I LOVED IT. It's pretty much all black faces, quiet, and welcoming. Your suggestion is just a sign that it may be my location. Considering I NEED that connection to Brooklyn, it would be a dream to move within walking distance to the St. Albans LIRR station on Linden Blvd so I just jump right on it and be 30 mins ride from Atlantic Terminal. I work Downtown Manhattan near the WTC so that would be ideal.

No disrespect to PA people but I want my kids to be NYers at this point. It would be a shell shock for me and I'm not trying to commute to NY for work everyday nor am I trying to grind to re-establish a law practice in PA.

Laurelton is probably the place you would want to move to. If Long Island is fine for you, you can try Elmont.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
That's the only problem

2 fare zones :huhldup:
shyt is crazy.

I know Canarsie was probably developed decades after the initial subway plans of the early 20th century but damn.

Make a damn trolley system or something.

The most beautiful thing about Brooklyn is I can take a train from one part and 90% of the time be able to get to anyway else in BK without another fare or taking a bus(Even though it was okay in my commute from Cambria Heights, breh, I HATE BUSES.)

I love the fukking train. :blessed: