69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rikers isn't prime real estate though...

as usual a lot of these nikkas don't know what the fukk they're talking about. rikers is right next to LaGuardia where a plane lands or takes off almost every minute plus it's hard as hell to get to. The city would end up saving money by avoiding the current logistics of having to transport prisoners back and forth from rikers to all boroughs and needing way less manpower in newer and updated jails in the boroughs which would also be safer.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
So where are the prisoners going?
Plan is to create localized jails in each borough except Staten Island(They have Richmond County). It can work to ease tension but it might have a negative factor though, localized beefs in the boroughs may be increased due to so many various gangs/neighborhoods but I'm all for borough based city jails, it makes it easier for family to see their inmates. Traveling to Rikers Island without a car is a real issue for those who aren't from Queens.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
It's interesting that some of the worst places to be incarcerated in this country are jails which are supposed to primary hold people for a short period of time.
Rikers, Cook County, the jail in Miami where you need to rumble the whole pod soon as you arrive
What is it about county jails that make prisoners wild out worse than dudes in supermaxs even

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
there will be a bridge built from Rikers to LGA.
Rikers will have very expensive homes that wealthy, foreign people will use as a jumping off point for Manhattan.

it could be a dope little spot like City Island in the Bronx but i don't think that is how it will go down.

like everyone said before; the real problem is the incarceration of non-violent drug offenders.
CO and Police unions are strongly against decriminalizing drugs because that is their bread and butter.
they need to arrest people for drugs so that they can keep their jobs.

if the laws that were enacted upon the minority community during the crack epidemic were okay for people of color,
then why are similar laws not being put in place for opiates in the white community?

at this point in time the "War on Drugs" should be laser focused on white america.

i've said it before and i'll say it again...if the police did stop and frisk at Wall Street, they would be picking up coke heads and dope fiends left and right.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Rikers will have very expensive homes that wealthy, foreign people will use as a jumping off point for Manhattan.

it could be a dope little spot like City Island in the Bronx but i don't think that is how it will go down.

like everyone said before; the real problem is the incarceration of non-violent drug offenders.
CO and Police unions are strongly against decriminalizing drugs because that is their bread and butter.

if the laws that were enacted upon the minority community during the crack epidemic were okay for people of color,
then why are similar laws not being put in place for opiates in the white community?

at this point in time the "War on Drugs" should be laser focused on white america.

i've said it before and i'll say it again...if the police did stop and frisk at Wall Street, they would be picking up coke heads and dope fiends left and right.
cute avi.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

:gucci:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Developers will be fighting over that space for years. That would've been a good space for a stadium though.

no they won't. It's right next to LGA. The noise, height restrictions and commute from the city alone makes it undesirable. A stadium might be cool but then transportation would make that difficult. There were some plan (not official) to expand LGA into rikers by filling in the river between the two which makes sense but even that is a stretch cause it means more flights to LGA and neighborhoods already up in arms over flight traffic would do as much as the can to block that plus the environmental impact.

a.0.jpg

b.0.jpg

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
no they won't. It's right next to LGA. The noise, height restrictions and commute from the city alone makes it undesirable. A stadium might be cool but then transportation would make that difficult. There were some plan (not official) to expand LGA into rikers by filling in the river between the two which makes sense but even that is a stretch cause it means more flights to LGA and neighborhoods already up in arms over flight traffic would do as much as the can to block that plus the environmental impact.

a.0.jpg

b.0.jpg

arent those homes next to the airport closer than the island?

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
arent those homes next to the airport closer than the island?

yes but those are working class homes just like other working class housing that surround other airports. nothing RE developers are going to fight over or fine desirable. of course people are gonna want to build something there but as far as luxury building it's a stretch since it's so far from the city