September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
I don't do parades.
Did the DR parade one time in like 97. Never again.

Enjoy tho.
DR parade is my shyt :banderas: Haven't been in 2 years cause I work and I can't hang the following Monday :flabbynsick:

But as a kid growing up in 99% Dominican Corona, Queens (before the influx of Mexican and South-Am immigrants) it was an event. First the parade, then take the 7 to Corona for our own festival (similar to what they do in Washington Heights). Had SWAT teams lined up on top of residential buildings every years. All of Roosevelt, Junction Blvd, 108th St, and 37th Ave barricaded. Riding down the streets and sitting up on the roof of the car through the sun roof with the homemade platano phones screaming "LO CUERO" out the windows. Shutting down all the blocks. Wish we could go back :wow:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Even if I was home nobody would go with me nowadays...everybody nervous smh...
Back in the day tho...we be in there all weekend repping for my Jamaican and trini family my Haitian Bros...

PULL UP!!!!!!

I should drive up with my son
:lupe:
Bring him. Celebrate yall roots. I found out late Raleigh had a West Indian ting. And I missed DC's. Imma be prepared next year.

Man

Internet Liar
Daps
Rastaman don't mix up inna no bacchanal, feathers and powder :camby:

I always debate it and whether to go get 2 whines off a lucian or bajan dime god willing, that j'ouvert morning :wow:

But it's either the parade or me that's turned :flabbynsick: coz it doesn't appeal anymore

Playeroni

Aka Nasty Neighbor #CREEPLIFE
Daps
Im straight on j'ouvert , never again. I was around the fukkery when that governors aid got shot. Not to mention all the thump sessions. To wild

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As long as I've gone I've never heard about this what y'all talking about:jbhmm::lupe:?

its part of the tradition. ppl n the streets just be throwin mud powder oil etc.

i just caled my bro n asked him about it. he said if i go be careful. he said hes never been and didnt see someone get shot. :dame:
this was in the late 90s/early 2000s tho. im sure its changed...:lupe:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Its only good if you posted on the block eating barbeque and getting drunk while each house takes turn DJing for the block. The actual festivities are whatever.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
its part of the tradition. ppl n the streets just be throwin mud powder oil etc.

i just caled my bro n asked him about it. he said if i go be careful. he said hes never been and didnt see someone get shot. :dame:
this was in the late 90s/early 2000s tho. im sure its changed...:lupe:
:ohhh:I faintly remember something like that but yea I don't think that's going on anywhere near like the 90s did

Dp18SRE_zpsw29fj1nu.png