Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
its part of the tradition. ppl n the streets just be throwin mud powder oil etc.

i just caled my bro n asked him about it. he said if i go be careful. he said hes never been and didnt see someone get shot. :dame:
this was in the late 90s/early 2000s tho. im sure its changed...:lupe:

He's not lying though. It's like a tradition that someone gets shot and stabbed there every year.

Powder fetes > The Parade

I stopped fuking with the parade and Jouvert years ago.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
:leon:you usually in the outside or i the parade itself? Just asking :whoa:
Outside I guess. If I wouldve stayed at York College, I definitely wouldve been in it but like someone else said you can hop de fence and walk in the parade.
As long as I've gone I've never heard about this what y'all talking about:jbhmm::lupe:?
You never heard of J'ouvert? Its how we begin Carnival. We break day. Steel pan play.
stock-photo-new-york-city-september-j-ouvert-is-an-annual-pre-dawn-celebration-prior-to-the-west-314645120.jpg

487254824-women-dance-along-flatbush-the-annual-gettyimages.jpg
150907_yang_nyp_jouvert_11.jpg

That's a damn 11 hour drive from NC tho...
When is the one in Raleigh?
It already passed.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Outside I guess. If I wouldve stayed at York College, I definitely wouldve been in it but like someone else said you can hop de fence and walk in the parade.

You never heard of J'ouvert? Its how we begin Carnival. We break day. Steel pan play.
stock-photo-new-york-city-september-j-ouvert-is-an-annual-pre-dawn-celebration-prior-to-the-west-314645120.jpg

487254824-women-dance-along-flatbush-the-annual-gettyimages.jpg
150907_yang_nyp_jouvert_11.jpg

It already passed.

By inside I meant in the actual parade itself my bad if I confused you:mjlol:But yes my friends and I every year meet up/travel together pick a spot of the fence and hop over. Just got to move quickly and be wary of all police in the area as they will arrest people. Seen dumbasses get caught every year being reckless:ufdup:

I haven't heard the name I don't think :patrice:ohhh that I'm aware of the tradition nice. Funny you mentioned York I go there lol I hate it:beli::francis::upsetfavre::stopitslime:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
By inside I meant in the actual parade itself my bad if I confused you:mjlol:But yes my friends and I every year meet up/travel together pick a spot of the fence and hop over. Just got to move quickly and be wary of all police in the area as they will arrest people. Seen dumbasses get caught every year being reckless:ufdup:

I haven't heard the name I don't think :patrice:ohhh that I'm aware of the tradition nice. Funny you mentioned York I go there lol I hate it:beli::francis::upsetfavre::stopitslime:
The year I was supposed to go. The week classes started, they dropped me from all my classes because I didnt have enough to pay for tuition. But they didnt tell me that until then and I had already brought all my books and shyt. I ended up deferring.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Hmmm, I've never gone to the parade and I've lived in BK my whole life. My mother wouldn't let me go when I was a teen (she'd hit me with "something always happens every year at the parade :stopitslime:") and I lost interest once I got older.

I'd actually be down to go this year if I had somebody to roll with, but I don't, so I'll probably end up passing this year too.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The year I was supposed to go. The week classes started, they dropped me from all my classes because I didnt have enough to pay for tuition. But they didnt tell me that until then and I had already brought all my books and shyt. I ended up deferring.

Sounds like them smh. Definitely always wait until a professor tells you what you need. I only rent now I don't buy because of bs like that or professors not using them.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Hmmm, I've never gone to the parade and I've lived in BK my whole life. My mother wouldn't let me go when I was a teen (she'd hit me with "something always happens every year at the parade :stopitslime:") and I lost interest once I got older.

I'd actually be down to go this year if I had somebody to roll with, but I don't, so I'll probably end up passing this year too.
You always have your coli fam. :troll:
My dads girl has a place off the parkway so I won't be far.