NYT: When dating interracially, some Black people say that code-switching comes as second nature.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Congrats on the plat

Get ready for endless

KmLtYjK.gif

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say those two fools are people with serious self hate issues before I'd say they are examples of what people are okay with in interracial dating.

I knew what time it was when the guy in the article couldn't explain business/business casual wear and casual/streetwear (which just about anyone that works an office job or job with a dress code has in their closet) any better than Don Lemon and 50 Cent.

Ol' girl seems like she might not be comfortable with her image in normal circumstances, let alone around someone who isn't black.

It's completely possible to date interracially, have self respect, and be able to make it clear to your significant other that they need to respect your heritage and culture. Those two clearly haven't learned that yet.

Daps
If you have to code switch with your partner, you shouldn't be with them. You have bigger issues to work on.

Agreed.

I've swirled with white broads and never felt the need to code switch. If the pawg was extra hood, her and I wouldn't vibe because she wouldn't appreciate Negritude without the ghetto shyt.

If the pawg was too white-bread, we wouldn't vibe because she wouldn't understand my need to talk shyt about ofays and why she ain't welcome at the barbershop.

No need to code switch when swirling. They outnumber brehs damn near 6-to-1. If you fish for Becky, you'll find one.