NYT: When dating interracially, some Black people say that code-switching comes as second nature.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
It’s interesting to me how “code switchers” usually use a Californian accent or a non-regional dialect when speaking instead of just speaking properly.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Code switching should be natural in any circumstances dealing with people outside your culture and race

Don't give mafukkas key info about our shyt

I could never wife a white hoe
Smash
Not wife

And im not even smashing white hoes again

Cause just my luck that would be the 1 time a bih actually gets preg this time

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
I work in sales and everyone code switches, including white people. Whites start talking kind of jive when they’re on a sales call with black people…. You also don’t go to work talking that bruh this and bruh that sh*t at work.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Code switching is apart of dating inside your race too tho. I’m me always but when you deal with different types of chicks with different interests then yeah you gotta code switch.

nikka used to have to go to the hood bbq then go to the art gallery work party then go to topgolf then the fancy party at the W etc.:mjcry:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Nope. I don’t even code switch at work as a professor and researcher. They should be grateful that I play by their boring rules for professional writing.
But having to change the entirety of my communication style…for what? For somebody who wouldn’t even THINK to do the same for me?!

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.
Fix your self-esteem. Non-Blks are NOT a prize.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A7QFvVz.png
I'm gonna leave this in here?