Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're completely missing the fukking point of what I was saying.

If nobody had any complaints about Led Zepplin playing during the Thor trailer, nobody should have a fukking complaint about Hip Hop music in the Black Panther trailer.

Exactly no one trips on the black Sabbath Iron man rock song being played for the iron man movie.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's be real everyone, Coates has pushed the most DEPTH into Wakanda than any other writer

.On worldbuilding, On giving it proper life in microscopic detail.

His first run deals delves entirely into the country by itself, and his spin off series :World of Wakanda is unquestionably monumental to pushing the mythos of BP and Wakanda and its people, adding lore and everyday life to the otherwise mythical stature of a country that only got a few pages of interest from Hudlin and Priest.

Most of the time Wakanda is a backdrop to T'challa. A pit stop for whenever T'challa comes from his 100 some vacations in Harlem.

Coates made it a living, breathing city.

Also Ayo is in the goddamn movie and the MCU itself, I wonder who created Ayo...? :comeon:

Everything you're crediting Coates for appeared in previous Black Panther runs. Have you even read the previous series? Most of hte world building for Wakanda was done by McGregor, Priest's, and to a lesser extent Hudlin. All Coates did was retcon Wakandan's ancient history.

And show me where Coates made Wakanda a "Living breathing city". We never see how everyday Wakandan's are living their lives in his run. He just focuses on the Dora Milaje, The Royal Family, and Panther's enemies, which was also done during Priest's runs.

That's a reach

All of that stuff posted is a reach. People are crediting Coates for stuff that was done decades before by previous writers and artists.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're right she appears in Ultimates first.

But Ayo was already in Coates' finished script of BP before she appeared in Ultimates... The first issue of Coates' BP is only four months apart from that Ultimates issue.

Ayo is essentially a Coates creation.

And of course Wakanda has always looked like that. But Steelfreeze's depiction is the most grounded of them all and matches the concept art.

Pretty much every other writer/artist made Wakanda extravagant and obtuse in its clashing mixture of traditionalism and futurism.

:what: That's exactly what they're going for in the movie.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Mic-Nificent Ramonda's white hair is from Coates stuff

So one thing......Which is literally just her hair color. :mjlol:

If I see some Kimoyo Beads I'll give Stelfreeze his props, but other than Ramonda's hair color, I'm not seeing anything connected to Priest. Everything looks like stuff from Priest and Hudlin's run.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
:mjgrin:

Sidenote: @Norrin Radd can you make a smiley of this breh

qxUucuP.png

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
SMH @ "black batman"....I can't stand how white people can't just let other people cook on some shyt. Black Panther has the Panther god backing him and shyt...He's not even close to what batman is on some vigilante shyt. His whole thing is protecting wakanda...Batman is basically George Zimmerman minus the murder.
oh shyt :mjlol:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
You mean two roles where this goofball was also trying hard to look tough as he aint got the range or face to naturally do so?:ohhh:, say it aint so.

Killmonger is clean shaven and towers over Black Panther in size in the comics yet MBJ here is the opposite he's smaller and has a moustache and facial hair. Tell me why he couldn't do the role it without them? :mjgrin:

The fact is he's miscast and looks laughable trying to play some tough guy who's meant to be an African warrior.

:mjlol: @ this
black-panther-24.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.png
being an African Warrior and the movie's primary villain/antagonist FOH. Just makes the whole damn thing look goofy as fukk.

I thought he looked bad ass :manny:

tumblr_orb8ebXGol1rtup1qo1_500.gif

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So one thing......Which is literally just her hair color. :mjlol:

If I see some Kimoyo Beads I'll give Stelfreeze his props, but other than Ramonda's hair color, I'm not seeing anything connected to Priest. Everything looks like stuff from Priest and Hudlin's run.
Yeah. :mjcry: