Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
You mean two roles where this goofball was also trying hard to look tough as he aint got the range or face to naturally do so?:ohhh:, say it aint so.

Killmonger is clean shaven and towers over Black Panther in size in the comics yet MBJ here is the opposite he's smaller and has a moustache and facial hair. Tell me why he couldn't do the role it without them? :mjgrin:

The fact is he's miscast and looks laughable trying to play some tough guy who's meant to be an African warrior.

:mjlol: @ this
black-panther-24.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.png
being an African Warrior and the movie's primary villain/antagonist FOH. Just makes the whole damn thing look goofy as fukk.
My guess is he's going to be a tweener with m'baku and Klaw being the legit threats.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:mjgrin:

Sidenote: @Norrin Radd can you make a smiley of this breh

While earnest it doesn't really pop like that. I don't even like what they consider rap today but that track flows with the trailer especially the end when we see the black panther letters and hear the sounds of jewels. From a marketing perspective it's also got to generate traction, an authentic african track like that could make ppl assume this is king of katwe or something

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjgrin:

Sidenote: @Norrin Radd can you make a smiley of this breh

The BP theme goes hard, but it doesn't really fit the cut of the trailer like that.

People need to realize that this is only a teaser trailer. It's only suppose to stir excitement or pique interests. No more, no less. I think the RTJ track fits fine and it does get things kinda hype.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The BP theme goes hard, but it doesn't really fit the cut of the trailer like that.

People need to realize that this is only a teaser trailer. It's only suppose to stir excitement or pique interests. No more, no less. I think the RTJ track fits fine and it does get things kinda hype.
Oh I get it. I posted that particular vid cause I found it funny. Theme goes hard tho.

The score I would have preferred would have been something more atmospheric. Since it was Wakanda heavy trailer thats the route I would have gone. But it makes sense to do what they did. That way it makes it more accessible. Plus its still fits great as well.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh I get it. I posted that particular vid cause I found it funny. Theme goes hard tho.

The score I would have preferred would have been something more atmospheric. Since it was Wakanda heavy trailer thats the route I would have gone. But it makes sense to do what they did. That way it makes it more accessible. Plus its still fits great as well.

Probably get a orchestral track with the actual trailer. Maybe.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
So one thing......Which is literally just her hair color. :mjlol:

If I see some Kimoyo Beads I'll give Stelfreeze his props, but other than Ramonda's hair color, I'm not seeing anything connected to Priest. Everything looks like stuff from Priest and Hudlin's run.

Panthers physique lacks any masculinity just like Coates version too
Too soon to say Coogler's Panther lacks that.
Probably get a orchestral track with the actual trailer. Maybe.
True.

Also I'm good on watching any upcoming trailers. I can already piece together M'Baku's arc in this movie.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Other than when it's released now is probably the perfect time to critique as we are seeing actual live action. Everyone looks on point but her and Jordan (if I'm being honest) I don't care about the hair so much as the combo of his hair + physique.

Killmonger is a behemoth towering figure, he doesn't have the height or presence so the least they could do is put him on that creed diet. But he looks like iman shumpert or something out of "stomp". Whose crazy idea was that?:why:

yeah, Im not feeling MBJ as Killmonger. He looked way too small, but it's actually the beard that I'm not feeling. He should off shaved that thing off. Just doesn't scream menacing African villain. He looks like he's acting as the bad guy too and not actually coming off naturally

completely disagree regarding Lupita. She was :noah:

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
yeah, Im not feeling MBJ as Killmonger. He looked way too small, but it's actually the beard that I'm not feeling. He should off shame that thing off. Just doesn't scream menacing African villain. He looks like he's acting as the bad guy too and not actually coming off naturally

completely disagree regarding Lupita. She was :noah:
is why I have never understood this belief he's a good (let alone great) actor. Just about got away with the same forced faces of toughness in creed too but that flick had other things going for it for that to fuk it up

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Alotta CBM characters are gonna look small by comic book comparison. I felt the same way about batroc the leaper, Thor, etc. but some get bigger with each film. I think they do it that way so there's chartable growth between films. If characters are in their final form so to speak from the first flick, a franchise will get stale really fast.

I see each characters appearance as an origin, so it may be the same in this case.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Were brehs this critical of Captain America's size :patrice::hubie:
I was (nh):huhldup: he looked small as fukk in comparison to the comics, in the first cap flick and the avengers.

but then he became regular cap, which i think'll happen here.

I also see each flick as an arc, and in comics books switch artists from arc to arc and the characters look changes completely but the canon remains the same, a la james bond. So I don't really trip off shyt like this unless it's a drastic change with poor reasoning