Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Static would have had that Spider-man appeal. Virgil Hawkins would be a positive image to kids growing up in the city. Definitely a missed opportunity.

DC's best chess move, however, would be Vixen. Marvel definitely doesn't have any Black female lead films in the pipeline as far as we know. DC greenlighting a Vixen film would be the ultimate :youngsabo: to Marvel. I have a feeling they think Vixen would remind people too much of Halle Berry's Catwoman though.

here's the thing with Static there's multiple avenues you can go with. As an adult , I'd preferably like to see Milestone Static not D.C. static shock - more a dark hood movie, kinda taking him through first getting powers and starting out small. Him defeated bullies who also now have super powers. But I could see that also working in a spider man way as well

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
hqdefault.jpg

:heh:
isnt that much taller than MBJ

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not to hate

but they really need to come out with Static after this lol - when this does numbers, which it will. D.C. needs to really make a gutter super hero film

DC doesn't own Static.....That character is owned by Milestone Media.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They going to make me go watch this shyt in the most hood theater in dallas just so i can watch it with nary a cac in sight :blessed:
WE finna Go HAM at every action sequence:russ:

...while I Ovastand the Black History Month/Box Office opening connection:myman:

I wish they move up the release date like they used to do albums back in the day:pachaha:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aldis Hodge
someone over 6 feet

no...not cause he wouldnt be a good choice, but i want that brother to be john stewart in dc...been calling for that since they mentioned having him in the movies...he would be damn near perfect for that role...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fighting wise he'd be more ideal. He'd be more of a threat to Boseman on screen. However, he's more one note. You need someone with more charisma thats going to help carry the film.

Also chances are Coogler is going to make Killmonger have more depth to him. You'd need a better actor in that role. Especially with how meh Marvel villains have been for a long time.

Aldis Hodge would have been great if they wanted to use lesser known actor. However, Michael B. Jordan should do good in the role.

should be gl john stewart, i'm gonna keep saying it till someone hears me.....so stop trying to give him another role that's already filled lol...

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
trailer was dope, did something just seem off on the last scene with him jumping on the car though?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
isnt that much taller than MBJ

Yup.

I don't know why people make a big deal about the height of actors in films as if most actors aren't short. Filmmakers know how to make actors appear taller than they actually are.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Man we've come such a long way but I commend all those brothas for trying. It was so hard trying to get Black Superhero films made. To the point that brothas created their own original films. Which was good thing too because we weren't waiting for the system to say yes. (Meteroman, Blankman and Hancock are not based on comics) Marvel owes a lot of the success for it's resurgence in the 2000's to "Blade" as well.

220px-Meteor_man.jpg
1331627-meteor_man_v1__6___page_1.jpg

The Meteor Man (film) - Wikipedia 1993

(MeteorMan was an original concept created by Robert Townsend. Marvel made a limited run of comics based on film)

220px-Blankman.jpg
v1.bjsxNTMyOTM7ajsxNzM3MTsxMjAwOzQwMzk7MjcwMA

Blankman - Wikipedia 1994

(Blankman was an original Superhero comedy created by Damon Wayans)

220px-Spawnmovieposter.jpg
808e622e44a7064bc62d0e0f47dfbe41.jpg

Spawn (film) - Wikipedia 1997

(Spawn was the first major Black Comic adaptation on the Big Screen)

220px-Steelposter.jpg
John_Henry_Irons_as_Steel.jpg

Steel (1997 film) - Wikipedia 1997

(Steel is the 2nd major Black Comic Adaptation)

220px-Blade_movie.jpg
220px-Blade_II_movie.jpg

Blade (film series) - Wikipedia 1998, 2002, 2004

(Blade brought Marvel out of the slump in the late 90's and is the first Black Superhero Trilogy)

220px-Hancockposter.jpg
6a8165fe1db952406be12e8658eb2db1.jpg

Hancock (film) - Wikipedia 2008

(Hancock is an original concept with no comic origin. It's the highest grossing Black Superhero film of all time at over 600 Million Worldwide and Top 25 all time in Superhero History at the box office.)

It was moreseo there was no climate for them. But people don't give Robert Townsend enough respect for what he did. All black cast, some stellar names at the time, written, starring and directed by - but like I said, there was no climate for it. But at least Marvel does acknowledge what Blade did for them and comic book movies in general.