Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some eagle-eyed fan spotted Kimoyo beads in the trailer:

yTptdbp.jpg

Now seee this is something that can be crediting as coming from Coates run. All that other stuff people were talking about was shyt that existed decades before Coates run even began.

Also worth noting that the Kimoyo beads were Stelfreeze's idea. In fact all of the afrofuturistic stuff in Coates book was Stelfreezes idea. Coates himself said he didn't really know anything about Afrofuturism.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
trailer was dope, did something just seem off on the last scene with him jumping on the car though?

The CGI isn't finished and looks really rough in that scene (and others). The movie has only been in post production for a month, so the CGI isn't even close to being finished.

I'm glad we got a teaser so soon, but at the same time I hate when studios release trailers with unfinished CGI, because fans will rightfully point out how bad it looks.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
The CGI isn't finished and looks really rough in that scene (and others). The movie has only been in post production for a month, so the CGI isn't even close to being finished.

I'm glad we got a teaser so soon, but at the same time I hate when studios release trailers with unfinished CGI, because fans will rightfully point out how bad it looks.

CGI is still rough. Got 7-8 months left.

:blessed:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Fighting wise he'd be more ideal. He'd be more of a threat to Boseman on screen. However, he's more one note. You need someone with more charisma thats going to help carry the film.

Also chances are Coogler is going to make Killmonger have more depth to him. You'd need a better actor in that role. Especially with how meh Marvel villains have been for a long time.

Aldis Hodge would have been great if they wanted to use lesser known actor. However, Michael B. Jordan should do good in the role.

These nikkas saw Fruitvale but question MBJ's range :dead: It's a comic book movie. He'll be fine.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I don't even think they question his range or think he's a bad fit. I think some nikkas just really hate MBJ for some reason.
He had a level of corniness to him earlier in his acting career. I think that stuck with him for some people and they can't seem to shake their earlier impression of him.

Its like how people use to hate on Will Smith because he use to be silly(at times) on Fresh Prince. So they couldn't take him serious in big movies.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Ryan and Feige breaks down the Teaser for Entertainment Weekly:

'Black Panther' Trailer Decoded: Ryan Coogler Reveals Secrets of the New Marvel Movie

Also more think pieces are being written on "Afro-Futurism". Again it's been a genre for over 60 years through literature, art, music etc. but I am happy it's going to be shown on a mainstream level on a global scale. I mentioned the term after the trailer because even though "Black Panther" may be in modern times, when you see the shots of Wakanda it felt like 2118 and not 2018. With the ships, cities, weapons and even costume styles That's exactly what the genre is about. How Black people see themselves in not only sci fi but in the future. Because most sci-fiction doesn't have a strong Black Presence. (Sans Matrix, Zion was damn near all Black)

jth93ex7hzrt2dyhhwgl.gif

(Afro-futurism in one shot.)

Af·ro·fu·tur·ism
ˌafrōˈfyo͞oCHərizəm/
noun
noun: Afrofuturism; noun: Afro-futurism

1. a movement in literature, music, art, etc., featuring futuristic or science fiction themes which incorporate elements of black history and culture.

Last edited:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Alotta CBM characters are gonna look small by comic book comparison. I felt the same way about batroc the leaper, Thor, etc. but some get bigger with each film. I think they do it that way so there's chartable growth between films. If characters are in their final form so to speak from the first flick, a franchise will get stale really fast.

I see each characters appearance as an origin, so it may be the same in this case.

Jack Reacher is supposed to be 6"6 and as wide as a tank. They choose Tom Cruise to play him.

Wolverine is supposed to be a midget. They choose a 6"3 Hugh Jackman.

James Bond is supposed to be a smooth suave British gentleman like the actor Colin Firth. They instead choose a guy that looks like he's in the Russia mob.

In the Twilight movies, Jacob is supposed to be 6"7 and built like a Mack truck. Taylor Lautner is barely 5"10. Really 5"9.

Batman is supposed to be like 6"2, 6"3. Michael Keaton is 5"9, 5"10.

Katniss Everdeen was supposed to be Native American or at very least exotic looking. She was described to look kinda like the chick in the new Mummy movie. Instead J Law played her.

These cats forgot a lot of these Hollywood movies don't follow the description to the exact detail :aicmon:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Ryan and Feige breaks down the Teaser for Entertainment Weekly:

'Black Panther' Trailer Decoded: Ryan Coogler Reveals Secrets of the New Marvel Movie

Also more think pieces are being written on "Afro-Futurism". Again it's been a genre for over 60 years through literature, art, music etc. but I am happy it's going to be shown on a mainstream level on a global scale. I mentioned the term after the trailer because even though "Black Panther" may be in modern times, when you see the shots of Wakanda it felt like 2118 and not 2018. With the ships, cities, weapons and even costume styles That's exactly what the genre is about. How Black people see themselves in not only sci fi but in the future. Because most sci-fiction doesn't have a strong Black Presence. (Sans Matrix, Zion was damn near all Black)

jth93ex7hzrt2dyhhwgl.gif

(Afro-futurism in one shot.)

Af·ro·fu·tur·ism
ˌafrōˈfyo͞oCHərizəm/
noun
noun: Afrofuturism; noun: Afro-futurism

1. a movement in literature, music, art, etc., featuring futuristic or science fiction themes which incorporate elements of black history and culture.

@EQ. posted this in the Random Pic thread

In honor of Afro futurism I figured it was time to re-up these pics.

Way before they announced It, I remember seeing this pics and wishing they could make a Black Panther movie :wow:

Look at us now brehs :blessed:

robert-chew-mecha-african-vulture-done.jpg

robert-chew-mecha-elephant-painting-medium.jpg

robert-chew-vulture-bot.jpg

robert-chew-b5-kudu-twins.jpg

robert-chew-baby-rhino-done.jpg

robert-chew-b5-buffalo-defense-done-reduced.jpg

tumblr_mqzzecUZHB1rphgdeo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqoprtDWZm1rphgdeo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqoprtDWZm1rphgdeo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqoprtDWZm1rphgdeo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqoprtDWZm1rphgdeo4_1280.jpg