Official Coli Chess PLAYING & online tournament thread….

Are you down for a coliChess meetup/tournament ?

• Total voters

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I actually liked the games we played. I don't think I did well in particular but analysing why is gonna be helpful

Prevail

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere
I want to get back into chess, beginner level resources you'd recommend? I've forgotten how to execute simple forks

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I want to get back into chess, beginner level resources you'd recommend? I've forgotten how to execute simple forks

Chess.com got puzzles in there. You get to play against people your level. It's a good app. I was rusty and hadn't played. It's helped me get back up but I got a ways to go. Get on the app. And watch good chess players stream on YouTube. Eric Rosen. Agadmemom or something. Hikaru. They explain their thought process. It takes a lot to make a leap but it's more of a way to process what's happening. Like @luciddreamer beat me. But I had a sense he would because of how he constructs things. And even the name tells me something about thinking abstractly. And I saw it in prior games when hes in space. He deserves the crown.

luciddreamer

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The sleepless city
Chess.com got puzzles in there. You get to play against people your level. It's a good app. I was rusty and hadn't played. It's helped me get back up but I got a ways to go. Get on the app. And watch good chess players stream on YouTube. Eric Rosen. Agadmemom or something. Hikaru. They explain their thought process. It takes a lot to make a leap but it's more of a way to process what's happening. Like @luciddreamer beat me. But I had a sense he would because of how he constructs things. And even the name tells me something about thinking abstractly. And I saw it in prior games when hes in space. He deserves the crown.

I love playing those puzzles.

Man sometimes i be messing up, when i see how much time i have left vs opponent i feel like i start making mistakes ....only made one blunder in the last game tho

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
World championship match is going on between Magnus and Nepo. Game 2 was crazy. The middle game was so complicated. I never seen that one before. It the queen gambits declined.

I thought Nepo had that game won but this is Magnus we’re talking about