Official Coli Chess PLAYING & online tournament thread….

Are you down for a coliChess meetup/tournament ?

• Total voters

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hey Y’all , this thread is a response to @Make it Make Sense ‘s thread 2wks ago. A bunch of Brehs got in there and wanted to set up an official tournament/online chess game meet up- thread. This is the spot.
:blessed::blessed::blessed:

square-off-chess.gif

Even though discord was suggested, just meeting on the Coli and @ing eachother seeemed easier than coordinating numerous discord accounts and the creation of new discord accounts for our :flabbynsick:-brehs. Organizing on theColi also allows new folks or those not familiar with the other thread to discover their own passion for Chess and uncover immediately practical life skills from the chess tactics or by freely talking with higher skilled, grey beard chessBrehs..

Plus we already on here regularly, so why not do it from a coliThread?:manny:

So….how do we know who is ready to play?:jbhmm: Easy. Just answer yes in the poll above, and we can get a simple head count. Our medium for interaction will be Chess.com . For certain, we have 6 confirmed, and 5 maybe(s)….

600-01605890en_Masterfile.jpg

I will post our chess.com usernames below this heading as soon as we got you confirmed.
  • @ XCopiousX
  • @ Monsanto7
  • @ m13131313
  • @ Sukairain_of_TLR
  • @ lwillins
  • @ realluciddreamer
  • @ elo_heem
  • @ LKAPinc
  • @ 19NorthStar
  • @ BlackNubianWarrior
  • @ jawaba
  • ….
  • …..
  • ….
  • ….
(Last updated on 11/5/21)

The first one is me, so that y’all know who to contact. @luciddreamer , @Make it Make Sense , @P90 , and @mattw1313 ; we got your chess.com usernames on the old thread, do I have permission to post them under the bolded header?:patrice:

Feel free to PM me for more details. Once we got at least 8 confirmed; we can start setting up a bracket:jawalrus:

Current 2021 coliChess tournament Bracket

Link -> -> TheColi Chess Bracket 2021 | Bracket HQ

Previously completed matches

Link-> -> Chess: Monsanto7 vs Sukairain_of_TLR

Link -> -> Chess Analysis Board and PGN Editor

Link-> -> Chess: lwillins vs realluciddreamer

Link -> -> Chess: m13131313 vs Pointingthingsatking

Link -> -> Chess: P9x10 vs BlackNubianWarrior

Link-> -> Chess: XCopiousX vs realluciddreamer

link-> -> Chess: realluciddreamer vs Death_taxes_and_checkmate

Link -> -> Chess: Pointingthingsatking vs BlackNubianWarrior

Last edited:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
First off, just a little housekeeping before we get started .:whoa:

1). @Monsanto and @BucciMane , I know y’all confirmed on the other thread. You also mentioned that you both got chess.com accounts :whoo:

But sadly, I don’t think you dropped your chess.com account username.
If you still game for the stuff we discussed earlier, could you share them with us?:feedme:

2). ( @International Koala + @Sankofa Alwayz ) You both mentioned that you were newish to chess. And that is fine.

I highly reccomend running through the chess.com “chess kid” videos. They are short 5-10 min vids that cover all the basics of piece name/movement/position and even a few mid tier tactics. Take your time, and enjoy it. Don’t mind the original target demographic. When I was starting out a few years back, I just took a weekend and I binged their “chess kid” vids and I was up to speed by the following weekend. They cover most of the main topics and techniques of chess without overwhelming with diagrams and fancy phrases

link1 (these explain what pieces are and how they move) -> -> https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUe4-TSKGmsBlrb3sB7vKg8mhnvNFVsmI

link2 (these explain how to play once you understand pieces) -> -> https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUe4-TSKGmsBdmtUaKWhwcNRpsnCodBBo

After running through those, feel free to create a chess.com account and we can plug you in. :salute:

3). ( @Blackrogue ) you showed a great deal of interest in the other chess threads. But you missed out on @ Make. it. Make. Sense ’s other thread. I think you can add a great deal of value to our Coli chess community. Feel free to chime on here and drop your chess.com tag when you get the chance.:myman:

Last edited:

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
I'll do the chess account. I need to get back at it. Peaceful challenging game. Makes me wish I was closer in location to my pops we stayed battling. I got the app and I know I need to stop being so 1 minded and transparent

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't know how to play chess. :francis:

What about checkers or some spades?

I highly reccomend running through the chess.com “chess kid” videos. They are short 5-10 min vids that cover all the basics of piece name/movement/position and even a few mid tier tactics. Take your time, and enjoy it. Don’t mind the original target demographic. When I was starting out a few years back, I just took a weekend and I binged their “chess kid” vids and I was up to speed by the following weekend. They cover most of the main topics and techniques of chess without overwhelming with diagrams and fancy phrases

link1 (these explain what pieces are and how they move) -> -> https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUe4-TSKGmsBlrb3sB7vKg8mhnvNFVsmI

link2 (these explain how to play once you understand pieces) -> -> https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUe4-TSKGmsBdmtUaKWhwcNRpsnCodBBo

Again, feel free to take your time @Prolific . Checkers can be fun, but there are some things you can only learn through chess because of all the options it gives you for piece movement. And if you got questions feel free to PM us and we’ll gladly lend a hand.:salute:

Last edited:

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
First off, just a little housekeeping before we get started .:whoa:

1). @Monsanto and @BucciMane , I know y’all confirmed on the other thread. You also mentioned that you both got chess.com accounts :whoo:

But sadly, I don’t think you dropped your chess.com account username.
If you still game for the stuff we discussed earlier, could you share them with us?:feedme:

2). ( @International Koala + @Sankofa Alwayz ) You both mentioned that you were newish to chess. And that is fine.

I highly reccomend running through the chess.com “chess kid” videos. They are short 5 min vids that cover all the basics of piece name/movement/position and even a few mid tier tactics. Take your time, and enjoy it. Don’t mind the original target demographic. When I was starting out a few years back, I just took a weekend and I binged their “chess kid” vids and I was up to speed by the following weekend. They cover most of the main topics and techniques of chess without overwhelming with diagrams and fancy phrases.

After running through those, feel free to create a chess.com account and we can plug you in. :salute:

3). ( @Blackrogue ) you showed a great deal of interest in the other chess threads. But you missed out on @ Make. it. Make. Sense ’s other thread. I think you can add a great deal of value to our Coli chess community. Feel free to chime on here and drop your chess.com tag when you get the chance.:myman:

I need to update/change my username, but I'll post it in here later today.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Username: Monsanto7

:salute:
For making the thread. I was going to make one after my Tekken Tournament thread concluded.

Gonna need to take a few bumps on the chin before I get back to full strength for this. Hit me up.

:lupe:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
@CopiousX I use brackethq to create brackets for my tournaments and then upload the image to bbimg so everyone can see.

Just a little tip once we get all of our players.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
In! My username is Sukairain_of_TLR

Time zones could be a problem though. I'm on the east coast of Australia, UTC +10. It's currently 4:22am and I'm only awake because I just woke up mid-sleep like 20 minutes ago and I can't go back to sleep