Official Coli Chess PLAYING & online tournament thread….

Are you down for a coliChess meetup/tournament ?

• Total voters

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
I'm just getting off, when I get home I'll go online and do this.
:mjlol: I'm finna get obliterated is been so long

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Man we need some divisions, one for inexperienced players and one for those with over 1000 elo. I'm not trying to get whipped by the pros :mjcry:

:lolbron: yeah I think good think is most of the posters seem to be in the same ratings range. I just want to spank those that doubted me

@who_better_than_me if I recall you said blitz games are dubious and I don't like strategy :mjlit:

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
@KyokushinKarateMan my thoughts.. the first game you Were way ahead. I was making blunders after blunders but you got tunnel vision and didn't realize I was trying to set up a knockdown blow which was my only chance.

Second game when I was playing the frwnxh you could have actually held you structure and kept the middle but when I offered by a pawn you took it and suddenly your knights couldn't get out cause I had capturing tactics to take shyt off the middle while keeping you from castling. Once my rook got up to the second rank I had options.

3rd game same theme. You opened up your middle when I pushed d5. After that I was aiming at your king but was really just gunning for your knight that was not anchored to anything.

4th game you came charging in with your queen like you did game one. With zero support. It was just helping me develop. You realize in that final game your queen was the only major piece you touched? Everyone else was frozen in place except a few pawns.

So my advice would be dont open up and isolate your pawns in the middle till you're ready.. don't pursue with only one piece. Get your guys out comfortably.

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
@KyokushinKarateMan my thoughts.. the first game you Were way ahead. I was making blunders after blunders but you got tunnel vision and didn't realize I was trying to set up a knockdown blow which was my only chance.

Second game when I was playing the frwnxh you could have actually held you structure and kept the middle but when I offered by a pawn you took it and suddenly your knights couldn't get out cause I had capturing tactics to take shyt off the middle while keeping you from castling. Once my rook got up to the second rank I had options.

3rd game same theme. You opened up your middle when I pushed d5. After that I was aiming at your king but was really just gunning for your knight that was not anchored to anything.

4th game you came charging in with your queen like you did game one. With zero support. It was just helping me develop. You realize in that final game your queen was the only major piece you touched? Everyone else was frozen in place except a few pawns.

So my advice would be dont open up and isolate your pawns in the middle till you're ready.. don't pursue with only one piece. Get your guys out comfortably.

:camby: never take advice from thy enemy

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Not right now :hamster:

Thought so :lolbron:

There's a friend of mine I used to play regular chess with in DC. He was competitive. But last time which was about two years ago. I played him online I crushed him multiple games in a row like I was toying with him.

He has never played me since :mjcry: and this used to be my regular partner back in the day. I finally broke him :mjcry:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The response from all of you has been overwhelming. Thanks for all the replies and it is truly amazing to have so many chess enthusiasts in one place. As you can all see, we currently have 18 interested parties and as i promised , that is enough to set up our first group bracket. It will take me a little bit of time to get their chess.com IDs confirmed though.:whoa:

Below, i have a repost of the initial bolded area in my original post that highlighted our confirmed players. THis is here so that folks presently on the board and those in the future can link up for matches.

Confirmed Players List (as of 8/16/21)
  • @ XCopiousX
  • @ Monsanto7
  • @ m13131313
  • @ Sukairain_of_TLR
  • @ lwillins
  • @ realluciddreamer
  • @ pointingthingsatking
  • ……
  • ……
  • …….

And again, this is huge progress. :salute: We have turned something that used to be idle chatter or just plain old coliDreams™ into a reality. So, What is next? What is there left to do? :jbhmm:

Dont worry yall i got it. The next step is confirming time zones, player availability, and relative skill level. In the next few days, i will reach out to most of you interested parties to set up logistics.

After that, all thats left to do is set up the bracket. Shout out to our breh @Monsanto for his bracket software suggestion. Huge help.:blessed:

And finally, i have seen some you raise concerns about difficulty/experience level. Those are extremely valid concerns, and im thinking about setting up two tournament brackets, a super one involving ALL players and a novice bracket. So then, why involve novices in the super bracket? Simple. A defeat from a more experienced player can be one of our greatest lessons, both in life and in chess. What do yall think about this idea in general?:lupe:

Feel free to voice any concerns with me. Suggestions are always welcome. And keep an eye out for me in your PMs. :salute:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps

Not gonna quote the whole post because that annoys me. If we are going to do two different brackets, maybe a round robin may be in order; everyone faces everyone. Although I can see that getting hectic.

In any case, I'm good for 1 or 3 day games. Novice level currently. Not for long.