Official El Chapo (TV series) thread

Oztradamus

Hold G's, Guns, and Grams...
Daps
Reppin
Chi-City
The show premiered earlier tonight on Univision, and will be available through Netflix at a later time.

The guy they got to play Pablo Escobar looks and sounds like the real Pablo. Not to take anything from Wagner Moura who was awesome in Narcos.

I think it's dope they touch on Amado Carrillo-Fuentes, and Chapo's arch enemies. The Arellano-Felix brothers.

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
I watched it last night, it is good so far. I'm definitely waiting on the Netflix premiere so I can watch it w/ subtitles.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
El Chapo is an American crime television series co-produced by Netflix and Univision about the life of Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán.[1] The series premiered on April 23, 2017 at Univision before being subsequently added to Netflix worldwide.[2]It stars Marco de la O as the titular character.[3]

The series recounts the beginnings of Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán in 1985, when he was a low-level member of the Guadalajara cartel until his rise to power and his last fall.

On May 12, 2017 Univision confirmed that the series would be renewed for a second season to be released in September 2017.[4]

Netflix will release the first season on June 16, 2017

I watched the first episode when it initially aired, but there were no new episodes, so I gave up on it. I woke up today with 8 more episodes :blessed:

BTW, the acting kinda sucks and it was definitely made on a cheap budget, so don't go expecting Narcos levels of entertainment. Still Chapo's story is too interesting for me not to watch. :wow: