Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
Dude looks like a homeless bumble bee wearing two Nintendo power gloves :pachaha:

:mjlol: True,first set pics never really looked good.
Remember Ultron
images

Daps
Reppin
NYC
maybe it's because that was my first real forray into spiderman but could the guy who voiced him in the fox animated series be the GOAT spiderman?

or am I just being bias?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:pachaha: the stanning sometimes just make me laugh so hard.

Not this thread. I think theirs probably a good chance his costume will be touched up or that's a stunt double or some shyt like yall have said. I have no doubt that won't be the final look.

But you see people on other forums see these pics and non jokingly say shocker looks perfect and marvel never gets it wrong and shyt :pachaha:

Like come on now :pachaha:

Chef

All Star
Daps
It's not that bad.:yeshrug:His suit looks really hard to translate to live action. No one trying to see a dude in a one piece and stripper fishnets. :mjlol:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm convinced the majority of these posters entire "comic knowledge" comes from 90s cartoons.

Yeah it's like having a discussion with my boy. No matter how many times we discuss this shyt, he continues to forget what I tell him: Those shows we watched as kids are not continuity nor do they matter in the big picture:russ:

Like he found it absolutely preposterous that MJ wouldn't be in a spider man movie. Because to him, and obviously a lot of cats here, he's only had two girlfriends and he, also like a like of cats here, didn't even know about Gwen Stacy until 2012:francis: but then we gotta have comic book discussions about characters and continuity and what's faithful to the comics and what's not

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm convinced the majority of these posters entire "comic knowledge" comes from 90s cartoons.
You would agree that those 90's cartoons, the legendary ones we all still talk about and praise to this day, were praised largely because they stayed true to the comics though right?

You would also agree that not everyone was a religious comic book reader as a kid and it was because of their representation in other forms of mass media that they've been able to endure as long as they have right?

Would you tell someone who grew up on Batman TAS he doesn't know Batman because he never read a Batman comic?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You would agree that those 90's cartoons, the legendary ones we all still talk about and praise to this day, were praised largely because they stayed true to the comics though right?

You would also agree that not everyone was a religious comic book reader as a kid and it was because of their representation in other forms of mass media that they've been able to endure as long as they have right?

Would you tell someone who grew up on Batman TAS he doesn't know Batman because he never read a Batman comic?

Same thing I told you when we had this discussion about Bond: I'd tell him his knowledge is limited and if he really wants to have a serious conversation then he needs to school himself. When you're trying to tell someone what happened in continuity, then your knowledge can't come from a cartoon adaptation that took liberties. When you're trying to talk character, even that gets funky because different writers have done different things with the character.

For someone, Bruce Timm's batman is batman but for others, its Frank Miller's. Or Scott Snyder. Or Denny O'Neil. Or Bob Kane and Bill Finger. It's about having a solid foundation and background to try to tell someone something about a character and have an intelligent discussion.

If my knowledge of spider man was limited to a good but very flawed adaptation from 1994, then I wouldn't be talking my shyt :russ:

Last edited: