Official SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Thread

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
hope shocker can expand his powers more like create shock bombs, waves, ricochet off things, sonar ping etc. make him an assassin like in spectacular

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You would agree that those 90's cartoons, the legendary ones we all still talk about and praise to this day, were praised largely because they stayed true to the comics though right?

You would also agree that not everyone was a religious comic book reader as a kid and it was because of their representation in other forms of mass media that they've been able to endure as long as they have right?

Would you tell someone who grew up on Batman TAS he doesn't know Batman because he never read a Batman comic?
If he was trying to school me on batman in general ? I'd say yes he doesn't know batman if we taking about the tv show :yeshrug:
Same thing I told you when we had this discussion about Bond: I'd tell him his knowledge is limited and if he really wants to have a serious conversation then he needs to school himself. When you're trying to tell someone what happened in continuity, then your knowledge can't come from a cartoon adaptation that took liberties. When you're trying to talk character, even that gets funky because different writers have done different things with the character.

For someone, Bruce Timm's batman is batman but for others, its Frank Miller's. Or Scott Snyder. Or Denny O'Neil. Or Bob Kane and Bill Finger. It's about having a solid foundation and background to try to tell someone something about a character and have an intelligent discussion.

If my knowledge of spider man was limited to a good but very flawed adaptation from 1994, then I wouldn't be talking shyt :russ:
Exactly they can talk about what they like about the character in that medium but trying to tell others how they are wrong for not only liking the interpretation you like is :snoop: certain posters been arguing for years but haven't kept up with the characters

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Same thing I told you when we had this discussion about Bond: I'd tell him his knowledge is limited and if he really wants to have a serious conversation then he needs to school himself. When you're trying to tell someone what happened in continuity, then your knowledge can't come from a cartoon adaptation that took liberties. When you're trying to talk character, even that gets funky because different writers have done different things with the character.

For someone, Bruce Timm's batman is batman but for others, its Frank Miller's. Or Scott Snyder. Or Denny O'Neil. Or Bob Kane and Bill Finger. It's about having a solid foundation and background to try to tell someone something about a character and have an intelligent discussion.

If my knowledge of spider man was limited to a good but very flawed adaptation from 1994, then I wouldn't be talking shyt :russ:
Air must be thin all the way up there on your high horse.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
14212623_661130827393705_877696704584179924_n.jpg

If that's the costume he looks bummy. Hopefully iron man drops by and upgrades his suit.
I have my protégé already
7htmonq_zpsaf84fhrb.png

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Spider was fukking awesome in Civil War. Lmao @ teenage Soiderman being waaay stronger than Tobey and the other dude. They finally got Spider-Man's strength right. Adult Spiderman should be able to throw cars and pickup buses and shyt. Spider is one of the goats..
Andrew caught a car in the electro fight like it wasn't nothin