OG picture of Harriet Tubman smiling

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Life was really hard back then. Really hard. My grandmother grew up in Louisana and as a kid had knew an elderly lady who was a freed slave. Said she would just sit on the porch in a rocking chair with stone face, never smiling. We know it today as the 1000 yard stare. The level of trauma our ancestors went through is crazy.
:mjcry:

Another interesting tidbit I wanted to add is that she said her parents and grand parents never talked about it (slavery). It was too painful of an ordeal to even talk about.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Y’all think nikkas was hitting that?
choke-choking.gif

Toussaint

Struggle, challenge, and rise to struggle again
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sh1t like this stirs up immense feelings of rage in me. This country worked her. You can see the hard labor in her posture. hopefully she’s in heavenly bliss. Or at the very least, being reincarnated as royalty over and

Maybe she was royalty sent into this world to save thousands of people.
harriet_tubman_late_in_life3.jpg

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Cacs and this bullshyt they on lately not wanting their kids and future generations to know their ancestors weren’t shyt so they trying to dismiss/hide actual history. Get over it …history isn’t always supposed to make you feel good. The past has repercussions in the future. It also is to teach you not to make the same mistakes.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Cacs and this bullshyt they on lately not wanting their kids and future generations to know their ancestors weren’t shyt so they trying to dismiss/hide actual history. Get over it …history isn’t always supposed to make you feel good. The past has repercussions in the future. It also is to teach you not to make the same mistakes.

Ah I see. I was like damn do not tell me there's a tiktok movement of kids saying she never existed and the pictures are fake.
:dead: