Old Slang that Needs to make a Comeback

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I almost don't wanna say these two, especailly the second one, since it's so easy to be accused of being gay these days, and since the gay life is so much more of a normal thing than it was in the 80's.

"Yall got something for the head?". This was something you'd ask two or more brothers, if they wanted a ride to the liquor store, or if they wanted to ride with you to a party. It was a way of telling them they had to at least pitch in for the alchohol, if they couldn't give you gas money.

"Butt Boys". This is a real tough one to understand today, however it simply meant your closest and earliest childhood buddy, especially from the hood...almost as if yall known each other since wearing diapers. This term was used a lot in the 80's in some of the roughest hoods.

Gone head and cook, but you might need some backup on saying the bolded worked the way you said it did, breh. :huhldup:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I like old terms for THOTS like Hussie, Jezebel and Strumpet and Trollop.
Good thing about those is you can use any of those and they'll know what you're talking about.

Smuts
Skirts

Help me out I need a synonym book for these

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I heard someone describe Elon musk as a nincompoop and I laughed for five minutes. It's been so long since I heard that word and to hear it used to describe a childish moron was just so perfect.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
When I enter a party I still say "jammin on the one"
7fpk1yW.png

Fred.

Laidbackman

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Gone head and cook, but you might need some backup on saying the bolded worked the way you said it did, breh. :huhldup:
I find it sorta hard to believe we use to say that one myself. Different times :yeshrug:

I stopped using it, when I was talking about my homie to this girl on the guard force one day back in the early 90's. I would describe how this homie turned on me after getting strung out on drugs, and that we were butt boys, because we went so far back. That's the way I would describe that friendship to all the brothers on the guard force. I often heard other guards use this term as well, especially the ones that tasted a little street life. I guess after she heard me use that term several hundred times while describing my homie, and her being 10 years younger than me, she oneday asked me what did I mean by "butt boys". She knew it didn't mean what it sounded like, because she knew I had a main squeeze, and two side chicks. In fact I came very close to tapping her. So I told her what it meant, etc... Then she indicated that it sounded homosexual to people in her age group, or to people that never ran the streets, like the average girl. I don't think I used that term since.

Last edited: