One of the biggest things that killed the baggy Jean's era

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
We all know that nothing lasts forever and that trends come and go. What is cool and trendy today may or may not be cool in 5-10 years. But with all that said there is one thing that I will focus on that made baggy not cool to wear anymore for a lot of people and that is: oldheads wearing them.

According to various websites as well as Wikipedia, baggy Jean's became popular sometime around the late '80s or the early '90s. During that time baggy Jean's were a form of expression and rebellion for a generation of black teenagers and black men in their 20's. But by the mid 90's because hip hop's rise in popularity, baggy Jean's became popular with white suburban kids, skateboarders and other groups of people.

By the time the 2000s came around, everyone was wearing baggy jeans(not everyone but you know what I mean) and that included people in their 30's and sometimes 40's. You had people who had worn baggy Jeans since high school or even middle school who didn't want to give up wearing baggy Jean's because to them baggy Jean's were a sign that they were still young and hip. You had oldheads who wanted to be seen as hip and trendy Rockin baggy Jean's as well.

Because of this by the mid-2000s baggy jeans were not as cool to wear as they once were. I mean you still had a lot of people still rocking baggy jeans but the novelty had worn off by then. There was also the stigma with some blacks that wearing baggy Jean's as well as hip-hop clothing brands, that people would stereotype them as being gangstas. So by the late 2000s, baggy jeans had pretty much been replaced by skinny jeans. But I think the same thing's that killed off the baggy Jean era will kill the skinny Jean's off.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
In NY it changed when Jim Jones and Juelz started wearing the boot cut True Religions

Also the Get Lite era had kids wearing colorful skinny’s easier to dance in the more fitted clothing

shyt just got slimmer and slimmer from the late 2000’s onwards

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
We all know that nothing lasts forever and that trends come and go. What is cool and trendy today may or may not be cool in 5-10 years. But with all that said there is one thing that I will focus on that made baggy not cool to wear anymore for a lot if people and that is: oldheads wearing them. According to various websites as well as Wikipedia, baggy Jean's became popular sometime around the late 80's or the early 90's,l. During that time baggy Jean's were a form of expression and rebellion for a generation of black teenagers and 20 something's . But by the mid 90's because of the rise in popularity of hiphop baggy Jean's became popular with white suburban kids , skateboarders and other groups of people. By the time the 2000's came around everyone was wearing baggy jeans(not everyone but you know what I mean) and that includes people in their 30's and sometimes 40's. You had people who had worn baggy Jean's since high school or even middle school who didn't want to give up wearing baggy Jean's because to them baggy Jean's were a sign that they were still young and hip. You oldheads who wanted to be seen hip ansd trendy rocking baggy Jean's as well.Because of this by the mid 2000's baggy jeans were not as cool to wear as they once were.I mean you still had a lot of people still rocking baggy eas but the novelty had worn off by then. There was also the stigma with some blacks that wearing baggy Jean's as well as hiphop clothing brands that people would stereotype them as being gangsta's. So by the late 2000's baggy jeans had pretty much been replaced by skinny jeans. But I think the same thing's that killed off the baggy Jean era will kill the skinny Jean's off.
:flabbynsick: