One of the most underrated CFB conference seasons ever? A closer analysis of conference bowl records

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
That's because no one respects the parody of the ACC Coastal. GT, VT, UNC, Miami, and Pitt just trade losses around to each other and fly completely under the radar by doing so. In fact this season I think all the teams I mentioned spent some time ranked between 10 to 25 during the year, but would lose the following week and fall. Until one can break away and establish themselves cconsistently as the top team on that side, the conference will always get a meh response regardless of what numbers may say.
What's the difference between that and the SEC East and Big 10 West

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
That's because no one respects the parody of the ACC Coastal. GT, VT, UNC, Miami, and Pitt just trade losses around to each other and fly completely under the radar by doing so. In fact this season I think all the teams I mentioned spent some time ranked between 10 to 25 during the year, but would lose the following week and fall. Until one can break away and establish themselves cconsistently as the top team on that side, the conference will always get a meh response regardless of what numbers may say.

Agreed but only the casual viewers don't watch the games, look at stats, records and be aware of the recruiting classes improving etc. Anyone who reps a college team or just genuinely enjoys football, should know and respect what the numbers say. There's no excuse for a football analyst who gets paid to analyse the game, to overlook any conference or team.

FWIW another key easy way to see how random teams are improving is peep @ how many draft-able NFL prospects are starting to pop out for these teams. The # of future NFL prospects of a team usually correlate with success (for ex. that's how I knew Urban Meyer would eventually bring OSU back to glory when he started following a specific recruiting blueprint )

Nonetheless what you said about the ACC Coastal has some truth to it and I think moving forward in a few years someone will break out of that group and establish themselves.

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
What's the difference between that and the SEC East and Big 10 West
Well in the SEC East you had a time when Florida stepped away from the pack and competed on the national level. It's also different from the Big 10 west because over the past few seasons the ACC Coastal aren't short of quality wins outside of division play. Looking at things on the surface though, most people won't see much of a difference.

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
Agreed but only the casual viewers don't watch the games, look at stats, records and be aware of the recruiting classes improving etc. Anyone who reps a college team or just genuinely enjoys football, should know and respect what the numbers say. There's no excuse for a football analyst who gets paid to analyse the game, to overlook any conference or team.

FWIW another key easy way to see how random teams are improving is peep @ how many draft-able NFL prospects are starting to pop out for these teams. The # of future NFL prospects of a team usually correlate with success (for ex. that's how I knew Urban Meyer would eventually bring OSU back to glory when he started following a specific recruiting blueprint )

Nonetheless what you said about the ACC Coastal has some truth to it and I think moving forward in a few years someone will break out of that group and establish themselves.
We gon be that team breh :Bless:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
FWIW another key easy way to see how random teams are improving is peep @ how many draft-able NFL prospects are starting to pop out for these teams.
ACC is second in putting players in the league since 2009 or 2011 (one of them). Talent's been there, coaching just been lackluster

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
ACC gonna fall off next year though all the QBs dipping early

ACC became the best because they beat the sec head to head from 2013 to now ACC did it's thing especially going 2-1 in the title game vs the sec clemson punked Ohio St and Oklahoma 2 bowls in a row.

Coastal just isn't consistent and loses too many games they need to win especially OOC UNC lost to crummy south Carolina and Georgia back to back season openers