Opinions on the "New Wave"?

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
Love it

Lyrically most of them are trash, but I'm not a stuck in the 90's fan who's day is ruined the moment they hear a song without bars

I also don't like the fact that hardly any of them are authentic...but the ones who are will be mainstream and underground stars by 2018

DMVLeGenD

Banned
Daps
I fukk with a few of them. Playboi Carti and UnoTheActivist are real dope. Now if Carti would stop fukkin around and drop his tape already...

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Talking all that shyt. You haven't even listened to these artists. Only one is trash the rest is fire. Stop being an ignorant a$$hole. And you negged me on some petty shyt bytch nikka. Bet you wouln't talk to me face to face in real life. Dm that addy bytch boy. Let's meet and really settle shyt.
Give you my address so we can scrap because I don't like your shytty music :what:

You a fukkin dweeb ass nerd. That anime girl in yo pic you prolly dream about her on some weird nikka shyt. Imma beat yo ass

She' a character from a fighting game I play
b95577377920c6bfdb400458225847dc.png
You posted 50 links of invader zim lookin' ass nikkas and I'm the weirdo:childplease:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
@OVORay78 so I tried to go through most of the joints you posted, and tbh the only ones I could see myself listening are BLAKE, Maxo Kream (listened to the Clientele joint), K$upreme...the rest is TERRIBLY generic, rely way too much on production (that isn't even that great to begin with), visuals, look-at-my-dreads-I-sip-lean-I'm-different ethos

Those I mentionned sound more like what I expect from rappers, they just happen to be in this era, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear them spit on any type of beat, even more "traditionnal" ones from years past.. They rely less on all the "extra". Booted up instru is nice.

Out of the more "new wave" others, I could see myself listening to Famous Dex and RIch the Kid, not really my style but they somewhat less over the top. That track "New Wave" goes. For some reason they look like they're not playing a role, as opposed to some of the others you posted. Fauni sounds not bad too.

So yeah, a lot of it is hot trash tbh, but there's a handful of brehs I could end up checking out :yeshrug:

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Im only 25, looks like im an old head now because I aint rockin wit none of those songs in the OP. I wouldn't know who 80% of those artists are without this thread. My last era of new rappers were the drill rappers.

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
im older but i heavily fux with a lot of the kids you posted. not all of the little young gunners are created equal though. you'll never catch me listening to the dude Fat Nick or Ugly God or any of the cornball shyt that you'd hear that fakkit from No Jumper bigging up. but still, :salute:to (SOME OF) these kids and :salute: to this thread

i dont want to add another youtube video on here due to fear of my ipad blowing up from all the ones in the OP, but someone that OP left out who im fukkin with out of NY is Lite Fortunato

NATO shyt :smugbiden::youngsabo:

edit - OP got banned :russ::dead:

Last edited: