Mixtapes & EPs Part 1 of Ro James' 'Smoke & Mirrors’ Out Now!!

DarlynXIX

Rookie
Daps
The "Smoke" EP is sooooo great!! I'm hoping that more people will get into his music & that less will sleep on him!

My favorite song is "Outside The Box (How Bout That")!!

Gemini7

Rookie
Daps
Been listening all day. Lost My Mind is still my fave. Why are people still sleeping on Ro??? Eldorado is fierce and I strongly recommend his other 3 EPs too.

Coke
Jack
Cadillacs

No, I am not on his team, haha. I wish that his label/pr team or whomever would get busy.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
First two tracks straight baby making music :banderas:Go raw lol!

Third track I wasn't feeling like that tbh :francis: Might grow on me.

Fourth track was dope!

Overall dope lil project that will get more spins from me.

DarlynXIX

Rookie
Daps
Been listening all day. Lost My Mind is still my fave. Why are people still sleeping on Ro??? Eldorado is fierce and I strongly recommend his other 3 EPs too.

Coke
Jack
Cadillacs

No, I am not on his team, haha. I wish that his label/pr team or whomever would get busy.

When people can't put an artist into a box, they tend to get slept on. Oh hell yes, I love all three of the aforementioned EPs. Ro is very multifaceted.

I don't know what RCA & ByStorm be doing sometimes in regards to how they promote their R&B artists (they just STARTED doing more in regards to promoting Miguel's music), but that's a whole nother thread.

Last edited:

Gemini7

Rookie
Daps
When people can't put an artist into a box, they tend to get slept on. Oh hell yes, I love all three of the aforementioned EPs. Ro is very multifaceted.

I don't know what RCA & ByStorm be doing sometimes in regards to how they promote their R&B artists (they just STARTED doing more in regards to promoting Miguel's music), but that's a whole nother thread.

For the life of me I can't figure out why I am still seeing much lesser talent on tv all the time. Hell, they haven't even updated his wiki page, smh.

Labels never do right by guys like Ro.

Gemini7

Rookie
Daps
New interview.

Thanks. Other than the fact that Ro's voice is a force of nature, I love and respect the fact that he is an excellent storyteller who takes his art seriously. That was the reason I didn't care for Devotion as much as I did the other tracks on the new EP. It sounds too similar to most of the stuff that's out there. I prefer the demos he has up on Soundcloud to that particular song.

I love his blend of soul, rock, r&B and country and I hope he rock the hell out on the new album.

Gemini7

Rookie
Daps
@Gemini7 @DarlynXIX Favorite songs on El Dorado? :biggrin:

Believe it or not I MUST ride out to the title track every morning when I get in my Cadi. What I wouldn't give to hear him do ElDorado live!

Then I go back beginning with The Ride and I don't skip any tracks because I love all of them.

If somebody twisted my arm my order of favorites would be.....

Eldorado
Burn Slow
A.D.I.D.A.S.
Already Knew That
Holy Water
The Ride
Bad Timing
New Religion
GA$
Permission
Everything
I'm Sorry
Last Cigarette

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Believe it or not I MUST ride out to the title track every morning when I get in my Cadi. What I wouldn't give to hear him do ElDorado live!

Then I go back beginning with The Ride and I don't skip any tracks because I love all of them.

If somebody twisted my arm my order of favorites would be.....

Eldorado
Burn Slow
A.D.I.D.A.S.
Already Knew That
Holy Water
The Ride
Bad Timing
New Religion
GA$
Permission
Everything
I'm Sorry
Last Cigarette
You have great taste. I would say that the top 5 on your list are my top favorites on the album, and the ones that I play the most. Like you said, all of the songs are great. The title track ("Eldorado") and "New Religion" are like 2 of the songs that are the most underrated on the album for me personally. I love the lyricism and melodies of both songs very much.

Gemini7

Rookie
Daps
You have great taste. I would say that the top 5 on your list are my top favorites on the album, and the ones that I play the most. Like you said, all of the songs are great. The title track ("Eldorado") and "New Religion" are like 2 of the songs that are the most underrated on the album for me personally. I love the lyricism and melodies of both songs very much.

I can't get enough, seriously. I had to have everything that's out there, LOL.

I don't know why he won't release Take It. CAUTION, Ro will have you dialing that brotha's number that you stopped calling a long time ago. The one who know how to handle business. haha!

DarlynXIX

Rookie
Daps
For the life of me I can't figure out why I am still seeing much lesser talent on tv all the time. Hell, they haven't even updated his wiki page, smh.

Labels never do right by guys like Ro.

I made a couple of updates to his Wiki before, might have to do it again.

DarlynXIX

Rookie
Daps
@Gemini7 @DarlynXIX Favorite songs on El Dorado? :biggrin:

Such a hard question! Took a few minutes to think about it & Eldorado is one of the few albums that have no least favorite songs. Played the entire album without skipping any songs on numerous occasions.

However, the most frequently played songs by myself are "Burn Slow", "GA$", "Everything" & "A.D.I.D.A.S"

Last edited:

DarlynXIX

Rookie
Daps
I can't get enough, seriously. I had to have everything that's out there, LOL.

I don't know why he won't release Take It. CAUTION, Ro will have you dialing that brotha's number that you stopped calling a long time ago. The one who know how to handle business. haha!

I absolutely LOVE "Take It"!! That video is fire also.