Mixtapes & EPs Part 1 of Ro James' 'Smoke & Mirrors’ Out Now!!

Gemini7

Rookie
Daps
Yassss, I need to see him live again also! It'll be my 4th time whenever I'll see him live again!
Lucky you. I don't live in NY so I may have to travel again to see him.

Did you see this?

Ro James Wants You To 'Take It All...Raww' | SoulBounce | SoulBounce

ro-james-plaid-pants.jpg

While we’re still fanning ourselves over his Smoke EP, Ro James serves us another salacious round. Fair warning, his track “Take It All…Raww” is not for the prudish, as it is five minutes of provocative and raunchy goodness. From the very first note, the listener knows exactly what time it is with its slow drag and Ro’s ridiculously sexy tone. He wastes no time handing out erotic commands singing, “You don’t need no clothes / Show it off / Damn that skin’s so soft / Bend over, touch your toes and let me see it.” He tops if all off with a brilliantly placed sample from the King of Sexual Healing himself, Marvin Gaye's legendary classic "Let's Get It On." Lyrically and vocally, it’s very clear that Ro didn’t come to play on this track and fans in need of a little adult time are absolutely here for it.

While it isn’t clear whether this latest single will be featured on the second half of his two-part EP project, with a bit of digging we found out that it was co-written and produced by Cass Maya and was originally released back in 2012, with a steamy video to go with it. Whether you were up on it then, or missed it like we did, we are glad that Ro saw fit to drop this baby-maker once again. Now that he is no longer “up and coming,” the GRAMMY-nominated singer/songwriter has the eyes and ears of the masses, and we can’t wait to see all that he has in store.

We recommend giving Ro James’ “Take It All…Raww” a spin in a private, dimly-lit setting, preferably with an adult beverage and your lover nearby. You’re definitely going to want to engage in a bit of “playtime,” so be sure to add it to your sexy playlist.

Last edited:

DarlynXIX

Rookie
Daps
Lucky you. I don't live in NY so I may have to travel again to see him.

Did you see this?

Ro James Wants You To 'Take It All...Raww' | SoulBounce | SoulBounce

ro-james-plaid-pants.jpg

While we’re still fanning ourselves over his Smoke EP, Ro James serves us another salacious round. Fair warning, his track “Take It All…Raww” is not for the prudish, as it is five minutes of provocative and raunchy goodness. From the very first note, the listener knows exactly what time it is with its slow drag and Ro’s ridiculously sexy tone. He wastes no time handing out erotic commands singing, “You don’t need no clothes / Show it off / Damn that skin’s so soft / Bend over, touch your toes and let me see it.” He tops if all off with a brilliantly placed sample from the King of Sexual Healing himself, Marvin Gaye's legendary classic "Let's Get It On." Lyrically and vocally, it’s very clear that Ro didn’t come to play on this track and fans in need of a little adult time are absolutely here for it.

While it isn’t clear whether this latest single will be featured on the second half of his two-part EP project, with a bit of digging we found out that it was co-written and produced by Cass Maya and was originally released back in 2012, with a steamy video to go with it. Whether you were up on it then, or missed it like we did, we are glad that Ro saw fit to drop this baby-maker once again. Now that he is no longer “up and coming,” the GRAMMY-nominated singer/songwriter has the eyes and ears of the masses, and we can’t wait to see all that he has in store.

We recommend giving Ro James’ “Take It All…Raww” a spin in a private, dimly-lit setting, preferably with an adult beverage and your lover nearby. You’re definitely going to want to engage in a bit of “playtime,” so be sure to add it to your sexy playlist.

I don't live in NY either. I live in Baltimore & I'm quite fortunate that he has performed here 3 times so far!

Yes, I read that article about "Take It" earlier. I was pretending like I hadn't heard the song before, while getting excited all over again, lol! :laugh: I noticed about three other websites blogged about it, which is great!

DarlynXIX

Rookie
Daps
Ro James is featured on a song on Johnny Cash tribute album.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/country/8098770/chris-cornell-willie-nelson-johnny-cash-forever-words-collection-album-covers-trailer

'Johnny Cash: Forever Words' Collection to Feature Covers By Chris Cornell, Rosanne Cash, Willie Nelson & More

An undiscovered trove of lyrics, letters and poems from late country icon Johnny Cashwill come to life on April 6 on the album Johnny Cash: Forever Words. The collection will transform phrases left behind by the Man in Black into songs by late Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell, Ruston Kelly & Kacey Musgraves, Rosanne Cash, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Kris Kristofferson & Willie Nelson, Brad Paisley and many more.

The 16-track album was compiled using what the albums' co-producer, Cash's son John Carter Cash, described as a "monstrous amassment" of material left behind by Johnny and June Carter Cash after their deaths. The handwritten letters, documents and poems were penned by Cash over the course of his life and shaped into songs over the past two years by John Carter Cash and co-producer Steve Berkowitz. Mostly recorded at The Cash Cabin Studio in Hendersonville, Tennessee, the collection is the musical companion to the 2016 best-selling book Forever Words: The Unknown Poems, a collection of unpublished writings edited by Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Paul Muldoon and curated by John Carter and Berkowitz. Among the other contributors: Jewel, Jamey Johnson, The Jayhawks, T. Bone Burnett, Robert Glasper and John Mellencamp.

According to a release announcing the project, many of the songs on the album were directly inspired by the material in the book, with others drawn from other sources of Cash's unpublished writings. "The tone of the album is established with the opening track 'Forever/I Still Miss Someone' featuring Kris Kristofferson reciting the last poem Cash ever wrote alongside guitar accompaniment from Willie Nelson, both lifelong friends of Johnny," reads a statement. "Continuing the close-to-home theme, the music then transitions to the deeply personal 'To June This Morning,' a letter Johnny wrote to his wife, June Carter Cash, now interpreted by real-life couple Ruston Kelly and Kacey Musgraves."

In one of the more emotionally wrenching moments, 21 years after Cash recorded his iconic cover of Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage" for his Grammy-winning Unchained album, Cornell -- who committed suicide in May 2017 -- is heard singing "You Never Knew My Mind," which is described as "setting some of Cash’s own poignant and introspective words to original music on one of Cornell’s last solo recordings." The song represents one of Cornell's final known recordings.

"Determining the artist for each song was truly a matter of the heart," says John Carter Cash. "I picked the artists who are most connected with my father, who had a personal story that was connected with Dad. It became an exciting endeavor to go through these works, to put them together and present them to different people who could finish them in a way that I believed that Dad would have wanted."

Gemini7

Rookie
Daps
Love this
Ro James is featured on a song on Johnny Cash tribute album.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/country/8098770/chris-cornell-willie-nelson-johnny-cash-forever-words-collection-album-covers-trailer

'Johnny Cash: Forever Words' Collection to Feature Covers By Chris Cornell, Rosanne Cash, Willie Nelson & More

That's the new song I bought on Amazon this morning. Title is Goin Goin Gone. At the end of the vid Ro explains why he wanted to do the song.

DarlynXIX

Rookie
Daps
Love this

That's the new song I bought on Amazon this morning. Title is Goin Goin Gone. At the end of the vid Ro explains why he wanted to do the song.

You beat me to the punch, I was just about to post that video. Just bought the song a minute ago, I absolutely LOVE it!!

Last edited:

Gemini7

Rookie
Daps
@DarlynXIX Lucky you. Ro is coming back to Bmore on May 17th. I am jelly.

He never performs where I am. Debating whether to catch him in Bmore or Fly back to NYC.

DarlynXIX

Rookie
Daps
@DarlynXIX Lucky you. Ro is coming back to Bmore on May 17th. I am jelly.

He never performs where I am. Debating whether to catch him in Bmore or Fly back to NYC.

I don't even know if I'm gonna be able to attend that show yet. *sigh*.

The tickets go on sale today & the show is about a month away. I'm not a big fan of artists announcing shows on a rather short notice (no disrespect to Ro).

Gemini7

Rookie
Daps
I don't even know if I'm gonna be able to attend that show yet. *sigh*.

The tickets go on sale today & the show is about a month away. I'm not a big fan of artists announcing shows on a rather short notice (no disrespect to Ro).

LOL, Prince would have made you crazy. We were lucky to get a week's notice sometimes.

I decided to do VIP in Indy. Ro comes here often to record or hang out but we don't get a show. Now I need a flight.

DarlynXIX

Rookie
Daps
LOL, Prince would have made you crazy. We were lucky to get a week's notice sometimes.

I decided to do VIP in Indy. Ro comes here often to record or hang out but we don't get a show. Now I need a flight.

Awesome, have a great time!

DarlynXIX

Rookie
Daps
Listen to Come And Talk To Me ft. Bj The Chicago Kid x Ro James by BJ The Chicago Kid #np on #SoundCloud

Ro & BJ just dropped their remake of Jodeci's "Come And Talk To Me". It's so AWESOME!