Pennsylvania teacher placed on leave after racist rant in school parking lot

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Sorry if this was already posted, I didn't see it anywhere.

A Pennsylvania middle school teacher has been placed on administrative leave for spewing racist remarks at a parent after the two got into a fender bender on Thursday morning.

In a video posted on Facebook on Thursday, the Drexel Hill Middle School teacher can be seen going into a racist rant against parent, Rasheed Noel, after the two got into a minor car accident during the school's student drop-off period. The school district has not officially released the teacher's name.

"You're probably on welfare," she can be heard saying while she tries to buff her truck's bumper.

"It's because I'm young and I'm black, and [that's] the reason why you would say that," Noel says.

"That's right, [it's] because you're black," the teacher responds. "Always looking to milk the system. And you see me, a white woman, so you think I got money."

"Go back to your welfare or your section 8 house," the teacher later added, referring to the city's low-income housing. "Do you see the big truck I have? Look at the piece of s*** you have
."

Noel rebuts the woman's claims, saying he makes "six figures a year" and has "a 3,200 square foot home." After he repeatedly calls her "mad and nervous," the woman responds, "Oh, you go f*** off" and then called him a racially derogatory term.

Noel met with Upper Darby School District superintendent Daniel P. McGarry after the incident to voice his concerns, according to the district's director of communications, Aaronda Beauford.

In an email to parents on Thursday night, McGarry called the teacher's behavior "deeply troubling" and announced that she had been placed on administrative leave due to an ongoing investigation into the incident.

"The comments and actions made by this teacher do not align with our core beliefs of Opportunity, Unity, and Excellence," the email read. "We are a community of many cultures and backgrounds, and we value our diversity. It strengthens us."

Link: Pennsylvania teacher placed on leave for racist remarks towards parent

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
These are the kind of people teaching our kids.

Nothing much more to leave than this...:ehh:

Tell my lady all the time...I'm tired of walking in predominantly black schools (or mixed w/ Hispanic) and seeing a staff full of white ppl...:mjpls:

It doesn't look right. I can't speak specifically for Upper Darby schools, but I'm talking elsewhere. In black/diversified areas, it doesn't matter if it's employment (cacs at management level), communities (cacs as law enforcement), athletics (cacs as refs or owmership)...theres always some white person in an authoritative role dictating the narrative...:mjpls:

That needs to change. Everything should more or less reflect the population (qualified candidates of course).

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Nothing much more to leave than this...:ehh:

Tell my lady all the time...I'm tired of walking in predominantly black schools (or mixed w/ Hispanic) and seeing a staff full of white ppl...:mjpls:

It doesn't look right. I can't speak specifically for Upper Darby schools, but I'm talking elsewhere. In black/diversified areas, it doesn't matter if it's employment (cacs at management level), communities (cacs as law enforcement), athletics (cacs as refs or owmership)...theres always some white person in an authoritative role dictating the narrative...:mjpls:

That needs to change. Everything should more or less reflect the population (qualified candidates of course).

Move to Atlanta or the south then breh

We have 3 white women in the entire school I work at :wow: