Person killed after being shoved in front of New York City subway in unprovoked attack

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Most of the crazy shyt that happens is because of people with mental health issues. Some of these people really should not be allowed in public with the issues they have. Broken justice and mental health system.

Keep people like these in hospitals and treat them until they can get better and if they cant, leave them there.

i don't recall seeing a news report that cites a number of previous subway attacks/incidents then cite the percentage of them that was done by mentally ill individuals.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
i don't recall seeing a news report that cites a number of previous subway attacks/incidents then cite the percentage of them that was done by mentally ill individuals.
I was talking about general fukkery more so than subway incidents. Normal people are not doing shyt like this. Most of the random and spur of the moment violence i have seen personally has come from people not in their right mind.

I used to work in downtown San Francisco and there was a homeless dude that stayed on the same street/block and would always cause trouble. Would harass people, act erratic and general mental shyt. Police would never do anything about it. I literally saw him swing at the back of a woman's head when she walked past, nothing done.

I do not have any data showing hard proof of the mental state of those committing violent crimes like these, but again, people that are sane do not make it a habit of doing shyt like this.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is why I stand as far away from the tracks as possible while waiting for the train, pretty much hugging the wall.
I be seeing people right near the edge .

Same. I never understood nikkas that want the train breeze on their faces

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
9d1e37914b558bb7f01c73489fbdfb4f.gif

"If Your Only Tool Is a Hammer Then Every Problem Looks Like a Nail"

:youngsabo: 2 billy on police btw.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
no amount of police or national guards is gonna prevent this senseless tragedy. does mental health outreach services include subsidized or free medication?
Always with the clown takes. This man had a lengthy criminal history. Jail him. Keep him in jail. This is prevented. It ain’t rocket science

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Always with the clown takes. This man had a lengthy criminal history. Jail him. Keep him in jail. This is prevented. It ain’t rocket science
Although he should of been in jail, he definitely should of been hospitalized before this shyt too. The goal is to get these people in the mental health system BEFORE the justice system.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Although he should have been in jail, he definitely should have been hospitalized before this shyt too. The goal is to get these people in the mental health system BEFORE the justice system.
He should obviously have been off the streets and away from public citizens. However that’s done, it should get done. Either way @bnew Acting like there’s simply no way to prevent this incident is absolutely idiotic. This was as preventable as it gets. They just give criminals long leashes

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
He should obviously have been off the streets and away from public citizens. However that’s done, it should get done. Either way @bnew Acting like there’s simply no way to prevent this incident is absolutely idiotic. This was as preventable as it gets. They just give criminals long leashes
At some point the guy would of been released if he was jailed for the shyt he did prior, but then what? Once he gets out what is going to stop him from pushing someone in front of a train?

There is no way you can have police officers at every section of a station where the car doors will open, for every station in NYC. And even then if someone is mentally ill would that even stop them from doing that? Stop someone from committing suicide? No it would not.

What should happen is that they should build platform screen doors like countries that care about safety do:

Unless you lock up every violent mentally ill person for life, jail is not the solution.