Philadelphia votes to ban ski masks to decrease crime. Opponents worry it’ll unfairly target some

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Those pooh shiesty masks not even medically safe...:mjpls: but of course this law would target those who wear them

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
These laws will always impact Black people more but criminals put everyone in an impossible position where law abiding Black people are desperate enough to hold their noses and side with measures like this.

:francis:

Nobody wearing those mask but street guys or wanna be street guys.
how does this impact the everyday black person

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These laws will always impact Black people more but criminals put everyone in an impossible position where law abiding Black people are desperate enough to hold their noses and side with measures like this.

:francis:

Where (or when) will it stop?
What else should be 'banned'?

And lastly, will it even work to 'decrease crime'?

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk you need to wear that shyt for anyway? I actually have been to ski resorts iN North Carolina and I never understood the value of ski masks until I went there. Wearing them to go to the store is just dumb though.
I’ve been wearing them since the 2000’s. I used to wear it as a skully but rolled up. Now I use them for shoveling snow or doing yard work. Don’t understand wearing them to stores with it fully covering ur face lol

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
The niccas wearing them to drop somebody or rob a store still gonna wear them, they already doing something illegal
:mjlol:

This only effects those who wear them when they trying to evade the police because they on the run or kids who wear them to look tough

Daps
A lot of kids been wearing those "poo shiesty mask" and some parents been defending them, talking about "It makes my kid feel safe."
Perhaps if those parents taught their kids to follow the rules, they wouldn’t face consequences.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Where (or when) will it stop?
What else should be 'banned'?

And lastly, will it even work to 'decrease crime'?

Whether it will decrease crime or not isn't what's driving support for these kinds of measures. They're about making people feel safe.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is pure cap lmao.

I can walk outside to any of the local schools near me and see regular everyday kids wearing it. I’ve even seen my FedEx driver wearing one.:russ:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps

I don't think it's unfair to assume that some of the people wearing these masks are law abiding citizens.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
donald-glover-good.gif

here is how you avoid being "unfairly" targeted: don't wear a ski mask unless you're going skiing :gladbron:

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
This is pure cap lmao.

I can walk outside to any of the local schools near me and see regular everyday kids wearing it. I’ve even seen my FedEx driver wearing one.:russ:

Good point

The FedEx/Amazon brehs live by this. That would be unfair AF to them.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like niccas about to engage in crime are gonna be like ":childplease: yo brah...leave the ski mask in the house, you know it's illegal"

You dummy pearl clutching b'sh ass niccas going for this aren't using common sense and just bow to crap like respectability politics and like to get bent over. This is new wave stop and search sh't because the only people this will be enforced on are people not doing anything but walking down the street.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
This is pure cap lmao.

The majority in Philly are bad ass kids or criminals or people just following the fashion trend.

An innocent kid trying to be down is going to get mistaken for a criminal and shot one day.

Ban them now.