Phonte - Pacific Time EP (Discussion Thread)

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Can We :leon: ...much more sensual-sounding than the music he usually makes. My ears had to adjust, but I like it.

Beverly Hills :blessed: ...a groove and a vibe. Might be my favorite on first listen. This will be playing on repeat in the whip tomorrow morning.

Ego :whew: ...would be easily my favorite if it were longer. This is one of those songs where it's criminal that it's not longer. It has a Talking Book Stevie Wonder vibe, and Lalah fukking Hathaway effortlessly bodying the vocals.

Heard This Before :jawalrus: ...nice groove, and he blessed us with some bars.

Te can't really do any wrong, but this EP was a tease. I need a full +FE album in 2019.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Phonte have any producer credits before? :ohhh:

I remember he co-produced a short track from his first album, and I remember him mentioning in an interview way back that he did some production work on a track he and Pooh did with AZ called "Rise and Fall", but I don't think anyone remembers that song.

I like this EP off the first listen, though.

But low key, he need to stop fukking around. Some of us out here been waiting on that Zo and Tigallo Love the 90s for over a decade now :martin:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
:francis:

It's not the fact that he's singing.. this just isn't holding me after a couple of spins.

Give the 'Can We' song to Tiffany Gouché and let her play with the beat and sing and it goes but it doesn't quite work with/for Phonte.

'Heard This One Before' sounds like a real FE+ teaser, though. So the title is appropriate :lolbron:

Last edited:
Daps
Phonte has put out more R&B/Soul projects, than rapping.. he's never been a one dimensional artist..

but, for some odd reason.. seems alot of posters on thecoli.com thinks hes going to put out another mainly rapping project.. :dead:

just keep it a buck with yourselves- alot of yall just aint really fans of Phonte like that.. :yeshrug:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Phonte has put out more R&B/Soul projects, than rapping.. he's never been a one dimensional artist..

but, for some odd reason.. seems alot of posters on thecoli.com thinks hes going to put out another mainly rapping project.. :dead:

just keep it a buck with yourselves- alot of yall just aint really fans of Phonte like that.. :yeshrug:
Singing isnt what made me like Phonte. I dont care how good of a singer Rakim is, if he dropped a soul album i wouldnt have the same level of interest.

This is a good tape but ill prob never listen again because Phonte singing does nothing for me. If that makes me less of a fan oh well. Just not what i prefer from him.

Daps
Singing isnt what made me like Phonte. I dont care how good of a singer Rakim is, if he dropped a soul album i wouldnt have the same level of interest.

This is a good tape but ill prob never listen again because Phonte singing does nothing for me. If that makes me less of a fan oh well. Just not what i prefer from him.
when was Rakim ever singing on any of his albums.. :dahell:

Phontes been singing since LB days, and majority of his output has been R&B/Soul.. so, you clearly havent been a fan of him for a very long time.. :yeshrug: