Phonte - Pacific Time EP (Discussion Thread)

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I'm feeling the EP

But it's OK to like Rappin Te and not like Singing Te. Not liking his singing doesn't mean you aren't a fan of Phonte. What Phonte should work on is blending his two styles together better on an album. His solo albums feel like a cassette tape, side A is rapping side B is singing.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This was right when I moved from the area so I don't know if this rumor is 100% true but I always heard that Phonte and Pooh were set that if the Lil Wayne guest feature fell through that they were going to cut that 9th Wonder beat off the Getback album...but the Wayne feature came through so they left it on there as the only 9th beat on that album.

Thats not a rumor i remember Phonte saying that himself in an interview

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder what Nicolay thought when he heard Beverly Hills, shyt sounds just like his style. Track served as a nice reminder that Devin Morrison drops tomorrow.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't listened to the entire thing in a long time, but I think I remember Phonte's first solo album having more of a mix of singing and rapping. It is a little weird that he essentially segregates those two parts of his music, but maybe he's got info that proves that there are more people out there that want singing than rapping out of him. Or shyt, maybe he just enjoys it more :yeshrug:

What I DO know, though is that I could go for some more Phonte/Kaytranada tracks, though. :whoo:

Brandwin

Pro
Daps
All of that may sound weird but you're right. Rapping definitely isn't where is heart is most of the time.

Cut the quote short just to say, I always appreciate your input when it comes to LB and Justus League stuff.