Police are searching for Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice for his involvement in major accident

broller

Veteran
Daps

The latest incident involving Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice has prompted some in the media to dust off pre-draft reports from anonymous scouts who expressed negative opinions about Rice. The fact, however, that those opinions have been validated by recent events doesn’t make it right to smear players with the subjective beliefs of those who might benefit from a player slipping and sliding in the draft.

There are certain objective facts, however, that teams became aware of — and that did not come to light publicly before the draft. Those facts could impact the manner in which his current entanglements are handled by the NFL.

Per multiple sources, multiple teams learned during the pre-draft process about an alleged incident involving Rice while he was at SMU. Rice believed former SMU basketball player Kendric Davis was seeing Rice’s girlfriend. Rice and some of his friends, per the specific information gathered by at least one team, went to an SMU basketball game. Rice (or someone with him), per the specific information gathered by at least one team, fired multiple bullets into the empty car belonging to Kendric Davis.

Multiple sources expressed a belief that every team was aware of the incident before the draft, including the Chiefs. Kansas City drafted Rice in round two. He was the fifty-fifth overall selection.

The incident was never reported to authorities by SMU. (An SMU spokesperson had no comment on the situation.)

Rice currently faces eight felony charges arising from a street racing incident in late March. Earlier this week, he was accused of assault at a Dallas-area after-hours club.

The incident could become relevant to the NFL, if/when it imposes discipline on Rice under the Personal Conduct Policy. The policy states that "[p]layers with a prior history of misconduct, including misconduct occurring prior to their association with the NFL, will be subject to enhanced and/or expedited discipline.”

Rice had 938 receiving yards in 2023. The Chiefs, we’re told, have been very impressed with his ability to quickly learn the offense, and to find a way to make significant contributions in his first NFL season. They obviously are hopeful that his behavior away from the field will improve following the two recent events

Last edited:

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps

The latest incident involving Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice has prompted some in the media to dust off pre-draft reports from anonymous scouts who expressed negative opinions about Rice. The fact, however, that those opinions have been validated by recent events doesn’t make it right to smear players with the subjective beliefs of those who might benefit from a player slipping and sliding in the draft.

There are certain objective facts, however, that teams became aware of — and that did not come to light publicly before the draft. Those facts could impact the manner in which his current entanglements are handled by the NFL.

Per multiple sources, multiple teams learned during the pre-draft process about an alleged incident involving Rice while he was at SMU. Rice believed former SMU basketball player Kendric Davis was seeing Rice’s girlfriend. Rice and some of his friends, per the specific information gathered by at least one team, went to an SMU basketball game. Rice (or someone with him), per the specific information gathered by at least one team, fired multiple bullets into the empty car belonging to Kendric Davis.

Multiple sources expressed a belief that every team was aware of the incident before the draft, including the Chiefs. Kansas City drafted Rice in round two. He was the fifty-fifth overall selection.

The incident was never reported to authorities by SMU. (An SMU spokesperson had no comment on the situation.)

Rice currently faces eight felony charges arising from a street racing incident in late March. Earlier this week, he was accused of assault at a Dallas-area after-hours club.

The incident could become relevant to the NFL, if/when it imposes discipline on Rice under the Personal Conduct Policy. The policy states that "[p]layers with a prior history of misconduct, including misconduct occurring prior to their association with the NFL, will be subject to enhanced and/or expedited discipline.”

Rice had 938 receiving yards in 2023. The Chiefs, we’re told, have been very impressed with his ability to quickly learn the offense, and to find a way to make significant contributions in his first NFL season. They obviously are hopeful that his behavior away from the field will improve following the two recent events

shyt at this rate he probably won't make it past his rookie deal. Seems like a fukk nikka

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Chiefs dropped Kareem Hunt in a hurry who, in my opinion, was a better player than Rice at the time. If they choose to take unnecessary heat for this guy, that would be a very odd decision. For the record, I vehemently disagreed with their decision to drop Hunt. I merely bring that up as precedent.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chiefs dropped Kareem Hunt in a hurry who, in my opinion, was a better player than Rice at the time. If they choose to take unnecessary heat for this guy, that would be a very odd decision. For the record, I vehemently disagreed with their decision to drop Hunt. I merely bring that up as precedent.
Different situations

DonB90

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Absolutely agree. And the Hunt situation was WAYYYYYY overblown and he had no prior history of any issues. This dummy is bascially the Black Aaron Hernandez pre murder conviction just red flags everywhere

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah he needs somebody in his corner that will bark on him and tell him when he's doing dumb shyt. I'm not mad at going to a club still, just don't be getting too drunk or crashing out.

The club owner said he didn't even order any drinks. No he shouldn't even be going to clubs but at least he seems to understand he shouldn't be drinking.

I saw a report that said two other witnesses said he only had a verbal dispute with someone but he didn't hit him. Unless video pops up of an assault this was probably nothing. Just lay low and eat the suspension for racing and he's good to play.

I would not extend him once his deal is up.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
The club owner said he didn't even order any drinks. No he shouldn't even be going to clubs but at least he seems to understand he shouldn't be drinking.

I saw a report that said two other witnesses said he only had a verbal dispute with someone but he didn't hit him. Unless video pops up of an assault this was probably nothing. Just lay low and eat the suspension for racing and he's good to play.

I would not extend him once his deal is up.
I'd extend him if he can turn it around and not get into any trouble by the time his next contract is up. Dude is still young and dumb but people can always get some sense into them eventually. At this point he just got to stay low and get some new people around him.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Absolutely agree. And the Hunt situation was WAYYYYYY overblown and he had no prior history of any issues. This dummy is bascially the Black Aaron Hernandez pre murder conviction just red flags everywhere

Agreed.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
whether he hit dude or not, he need to sit the fukk down somewhere.

The man who accused Kansas City Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice of assault has declined to pursue charges, according to multiple reports.

Rice is still under investigation by the Dallas Police Department for allegedly punching a photographer inside a Dallas nightclub earlier this month, according to a report by WFAA-TV.

A 29-year-old man who was injured transported himself to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, a police spokesperson told The Athletic. As of May 10, police had not filed any charges and no one had been arrested.

In late March, Rice was involved in a multi-vehicle crash in northeast Dallas, according to police. He was the driver of a Lamborghini sport utility vehicle that caused the crash, which created a chain-reaction collision involving four other vehicles, police said. Rice and Theodore Knox, who is a cornerback at SMU, fled the scene, according to police.