Police Caught High-Fiving: After Shooting A 16 Year Old Black Child POINT BLANK

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
No major trouble with the law, but you shoot him MERCILESSLY :snoop: Then, you high-five afterwards:pacspit: I saw this trending on Facebook. I can't give my full feelings until everything has been confirmed :snoop:

Karen Winters knows how easily boys are drawn to a life of violence in the Homan Square neighborhood.

But she still can't understand how her 16-year-old nephew ended up shot to death after allegedly confronting a Chicago police officer with a gun Monday evening.

"Once again, we're looking at environment, this community. How some of these young boys are just plagued with certain influences," Winters said Tuesday. "But not to this extent, by no means."

Police say the officer shot Pierre Loury after stopping a car suspected of being connected to an earlier shooting.

Officers pulled the car over around 7:40 p.m. in the 3400 block of West Grenshaw Street in the Homan Square neighborhood, according to Chicago Chief of Detectives Eugene Roy. Loury jumped out and ran away, and an officer followed, he said.

"(Officers) attempted to stop the car, at which time the offender fled from the car, with one officer in pursuit," Roy said on the scene shortly before 10 p.m. "A foot pursuit ensued, during the course of that pursuit, it led to an armed confrontation between the offender and the officer, resulting in the officer firing shots with his service weapon, striking the offender."

Tambrasha Hudson mourns April 12, 2016, over the shooting death of her 16-year-old son, Pierre Loury, on the night of April 11, 2016, by a Chicago police officer. (Jose M. Osorio / Chicago Tribune)

Loury was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital and pronounced dead at 8:27 p.m., according to the medical examiner's office. The medical examiner's office said he lived in the 3600 block of West Grenshaw Avenue, not far from the shooting scene, although family said he was recently living elsewhere with a family member.

An autopsy showed the boy suffered a gunshot wound to the chest.

No officers were injured, Roy said.

A weapon was found on scene and was taken into evidence, he said. An alley between Roosevelt Road and Grenshaw was blocked with red evidence tape, and an evidence marker on Roosevelt showed where a gun magazine lay on the ground.

On Tuesday, family and friends of the boy gathered at the two-flat apartment building in East Garfield Park where his mother lives.

Loury's mother, Tambrasha Hudson, cried loudly on the front porch, tears streaming down her face, as relatives consoled her. The name "Pierre" was tattooed in cursive on her neck.

Former interim police superintendent John Escalante says the suspect fatally shot by a Chicago police officer on April 11, 2016, has been identified as a 16-year-old boy who involved in an "armed confrontation" with the officer. (WGN-TV/Chicago Tribune)

"Everything they said on the news is not the truth," said Hudson, her voice choked up. "It is not the truth. It's not the truth.

"It's sad!" she said repeatedly. "My baby was 16, not 30. My baby was 16! Sixteen!"

Pierre's grandmother Catherine Hudson told the Tribune she was sleeping when Hudson called to tell her the teen had been shot by police. The grandmother said she was thinking the worst "but praying for the better."

His family said Loury was the oldest of five children, an aspiring rapper who attended Community Christian Alternative Academy in the West Side's Lawndale neighborhood.

"He's a typical Chicago teen male, no different than any other young man living in this city, facing some of the same challenges and trials and tribulations," Winters said in the vestibule of the two-flat, the front door squeaking as relatives walked in and out of the building.

Winters said she couldn't see her great-nephew being the type to carry a gun. She described Loury's past brushes with the law as "small minor incidents," nothing that would rise to the level of a police officer having to shoot him.

Tuesday night, more than 100 people gathered at the scene where Loury was killed for a vigil sponsored by groups including Black Lives Matter Chicago and the Chicago Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression. As the time of the vigial approached, a woman tied metallic red and blue balloons to a black iron fence near the intersection of Central Park Avenue and Grenshaw Street.

A woman tied metallic red and blue balloons to a black iron fence near the intersection of Central Park Avenue and Grenshaw Street. Nearly 100 people gathered on the sidewalk at the corners of the intersection, some spilling onto Grenshaw Street.

The crowd chanted "justice for Pierre" gathering near the middle of the street. Some people held up a fabric poster that had faces of young black people who have been killed be police.

Shortly after 8 p.m., protestors spilled onto the 290 expressway. Police sirens went off immediately and officers jumped out to try to stop them. Some protesters were already too far ahead and police vehicles stopped traffic on the expressway, causing a pileup on lanes headed toward the city.

Other protesters walked away from the entrance, some shaking their heads furiously and questioning the leadership of the group.

"Why did they lead them on the expressway?" She exclaimed. "They're going to get killed!"

An officer pulled aside a protester near the expressway entrance where they were gathered to decide where to continue marching. He told them to stay off the on-ramp and the expressway.

Loury, his mother and his grandmother were mentioned in a 2000 Tribune story about the high rate of truancy at Rezin Orr High School, where his mother attended. In the story, Tambrasha Hudson, then an 18-year-old junior at the West Side high school, said she missed school for a number of days to care for her then-infant son.

At the time, Hudson said Loury's asthma attacks had gotten worse and she needed to get him to a doctor.

"It's not like I'm just out hanging in the streets," she told members of Orr's truancy crew who stopped by her home at the time. "My baby needs me at home. That's where I'm going to be, school or not."

A statement from Police News Affairs said the officer involved "will be placed on routine administrative duties for a period of 30 days," a procedure initiated last year for all police-involved shootings.

Family says boy, 16, fatally shot by cop had scrapes with law but no major trouble

Last edited:

Sean312

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Chicago IL
Saddest thing in the world. I looked on my Facebook and I'm friends with the kid. Realize I shot a music video with his homies. All this happened down the street from my house. Ish is just unreal here now. And people are really on that fukk 12 shyt here now. Allot of them are gonna start catching reactions. Kid was out there, but everyone saying he was running and they shot him...

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
It is open season on the youth. These KKKops have the greenlight right now. We need to keep putting the spotlight and pressure on police nationwide.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Even if they do say the kid had a gun is it necessary to high five after shooting at or killing someone in that line of duty. This isn't a fukking sport.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
Police are itching for Black folks to do anything that can "justify" them killing us....

You jaywalk them folks pumping you full of lead

:smh:... A fair trial and serving time for your criminal activities isn't in the realm of possibilities for these racist fukks

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Police are itching for Black folks to do anything that can "justify" them killing us....

You jaywalk them folks pumping you full of lead

:smh:... A fair trial and serving time for your criminal activities isn't in the realm of possibilities for these racist fukks
Police got an itchy trigger finger and black people help them scratch that itch.