Prime Dwight Howard Was Something Else...

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I’m a lifelong Magic fan (unfortunately). He did work hard in Orlando. You can’t have the physique dude had in his prime and not work hard. His problem was he had no real innate shooting touch (like a lot of big men) compounded by a weird hitch in his release, and a dearth of natural fluidity/agility. The latter, he really couldn’t do anything about. He tried to develop moves. He tried working with Hakeem. He was just too robotic and stiff. Look how fluid someone like Embiid or the joker is compared to Dwight in Orlando offensively :mjlol:. He basically could only really rely on a drop step and a little hook (once he had great position) as far as his “bag.”Despite his flaws, he carved out a great career. He was a damn good player in his prime. You have to be a great player to take the Magic from the doldrums. He definitely should have been on the NBA 75 team.
He remains me of a 6'9 verison of my homie and HS teammate to a T on the court. Freak athletes with good BBIQ who defend and score due to their size and strength, and explosiveness since middle school but they are limited to that

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Once he suffered the back injury he was never the same. But before then he was a monster. And if ever had a pure point guard in Orlando when he was in his prime his numbers on the offensive end would have been even better. It's true that he should have developed a few more moves in the post. But at the same time he wasn't Rodman or Big Ben out there either. He was still a 18-22 scorer who never averaged 15 shots a game in a season. Even with his shortcomings how much better would his numbers have been with a coach who made sure to get him 15-18 shots a night?
No real coach would give him 15-18 touches cause this nikka couldn't do shyt with the ball. You can't iso Dwight in the post. He was at his best in pick and rolls and offensive put backs.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was also arguably the best defender of his generation, and led a team to the Finals. :yeshrug: Past the super top tier of centers (Kareem, Moses, Shaq, Russell, Wilt, Hakeem), he’s in the next discussion, though likely the bottom of it (David, Ewing, Walton, etc). He’s in the lane with Parish, Embiid, Jokic, Alonzo, etc.
Wherever Alonzo Mourning is on the list of centers, Dwight is right there, to me their impacts are similar....

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
the revisionist history with Dwight is funny to me. he was constantly shytted on for his offensive shortcomings during his day. this is not to diminish what he was great at, but dudes offensive game was lacking, he isnt on the level of the great centers
And he refused to play within his limitations or get better at offense. He was an automatic turnover when he was fed the ball in the paint.

Daps
That 09 run from Orlando was impressive. Beat the Big 3 Celtics on the road in game 7 and then disposed of a 66 win Cleveland team.

great run but they are probably out in round 2 if Kevin garnett played. that team was fun to watch though. d12 dominating inside with hedo and Rashard Lewis giving teams fits with their size and floor spacing ability. too bad Stan van gundy ruined their chance at beating the lakers by panicking and bringing back jameer Nelson when he hadn't played since January. he was trash and the team was out of sync. should have trusted what got them there. skip 2 my Lou held it down.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was also arguably the best defender of his generation, and led a team to the Finals. :yeshrug: Past the super top tier of centers (Kareem, Moses, Shaq, Russell, Wilt, Hakeem), he’s in the next discussion, though likely the bottom of it (David, Ewing, Walton, etc). He’s in the lane with Parish, Embiid, Jokic, Alonzo, etc.
he was never anywhere near as good as Embiid & Jokic were this past season

That 09 run from Orlando was impressive. Beat the Big 3 Celtics on the road in game 7 and then disposed of a 66 win Cleveland team.
the Big 3 Celtics that didn’t have KG and got taken to 7 in the first round vs a .500 Bulls team

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Nevermind Dame and AD. Rodman making Top 75 over him is inexcusable.
They keep on bringing up studs like Dame and AD and not their overrated 90’s heroes like Rodman and Reggie Miller.

AD>Dwight Howard

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Nevermind Dame and AD. Rodman making Top 75 over him is inexcusable.
Dennis Rodman has contributed so much more to winning than dwight ever did :heh: youthink he stumbled into five rings and 6 finals by luck :camby:

Dwight was called Kevin Willis on here for years, for a reason. I’d rather have seen a fully Bynum, Greg Oden, or brandon Roy from that era than howard.