PRINCE: What two albums would you RECOMMEND to new listener?

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
So my cousin starting to dig Prince...she saw his super bowl performance on YouTube and wants to dig into his music.

Since his catalog is DAMN HUGE...what two.albums would you recommend a new listener?

Albums that show his range,but also albums that just fukking go hard and 'slap'.
:jbhmm:

I got Purple Rain for obvious reason..has his most famous song and his biggest Pop hits.

But I also want to recommend an album that shows his funk and r&b chops.

I went with PRINCE his self titled album for that. Mainly for 'I wanna be your Lover'.

I know he went more r&b and funk with New Power Generation but I feel those won't suck in a new listener.
Those are more for the fans who already know what PRINCE is about.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

The Hits/The B-Sides

R-423042-1513131369-5386.jpeg.jpg

The Hits/The B-Sides - Wikipedia

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
100%. Outside of some of his hits I was never too hot on a lot of his albums until l got a little older
Yeah Prince was so creative his creativity took him in a lot of directions..... some directions he probably shouldn’t have went in but that’s the life of a creative person. He was also in a bad 360 deal too which had him putting out all kinds of shyt

• Dap
Reactions: 315

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
1999 & Purple Rain are his most accessable works. A lot of his stuff is all over the place and can throw you off until you get used to his style(s).

Those two joints though are classic back to front
Yep, i always recommend these first. Because if you try some other shyt you not really giving a casual what they expect