Private health insurance is in crisis, employer-based system crumbling

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Insurance is a ponzi scheme

If you live in Florida and hurricanes come and blow off your roof they are not paying for the whole thing :mindblown:

I live in NY which is a No Fault State which means no matter who’s fault the accident is my insurance goes up.

If I live in an area with alot of car accidents my insurance goes up regardless of my driving record.

Insurance demands you to pay them and when its time for them to cover you they look for every excuse not to pay you..

Insurance is like extortion from the Mafia in the early 20th Century when the Black Hand demanded “Protection money” from the poor

Last edited:

adexkola

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Insurance is a ponzi scheme

If you live in Florida and hurricanes come and blow off your roof they are not paying for the whole thing :mindblown:

I live in NY which is a No Fault State which means no matter who’s fault the accident is my insurance goes up.

If I live in an area with alot of car accidents my insurance goes up regardless of my driving record.

Insurance demands you to pay them and when its time for them to cover you they look for every excuse not to pay you..

Insurance is like extortion from the Mafia in the early 20th Century when the Black Hand demanded “Protection money” from the poor

:mjlol:

This take on insurance is genuinely funny, no shade breh...

Honestly, in your view, what's the alternative to insurance?

Oville

Pro
Daps
:snoop:In what free country has "nationalize everything" worked?...
A state controlled market and a free market are both deeply flawed pipe dreams that screw people over.

... and when the state hates black people, ideas like this shouldnt appear in predominately black discussions.
:whoo: Admitting the free market is deeply flawed?

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
The Hill
Even as millions claim unemployment and face financial and health hardships during the coronavirus pandemic, pharmaceutical companies have raised the prices of 245 drugs, many of which are drugs crucial to treating coronavirus patients or those in intensive care units.

“It’s outrageous, but not surprising, that against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, drug corporations have continued to raise the prices of drugs critical to keeping Americans healthy and alive,” Patients for Affordable Drugs founder David Mitchell said in a statement.

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Pharmaceutical companies have raised the price of hundreds of crucial drugs during pandemic
“It’s outrageous, but not surprising, that against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, drug corporations have continued to raise the prices of drugs critical to keeping Americans healthy and alive,” Patients for Affordable Drugs founder David Mitchell said in a statement.

it's gotta stop

:manny:
Yeah this is exactly the kinda evil corrupt things these insurance companies are allowed to do but that free market ass nikka @DEAD7 has no problem with this...

Last edited:

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
Status symbols. Have a good job? Means you have good healthcare to take care of a family.

If you don’t it’s your fault for not getting a good job.
No its just plain highway robbery. Taking money from low, middle and even upper class Americans and giving it to the uber rich and oligarchs who control pharma and healthcare. I don't understand how we are supposed to be a world leader when general health coverage isn't a basic right for everyone in Amerikkka.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
No its just plain highway robbery. Taking money from low, middle and even upper class Americans and giving it to the uber rich and oligarchs who control pharma and healthcare. I don't understand how we are supposed to be a world leader when general health coverage isn't a basic right for everyone in Amerikkka.
No one is saying it isn’t. But the question of why people were okay with it for so long is different.

Insurance through union contracts were really good in the 50s, 60s,etc. Which is partly why pensions and union healthcare are the targets Conservatives.

But as healthcare moved away from family doctors to conglomerate hospitals with surprise billing...yeah we needed to change but didn’t.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
We need single payer for health insurance.

The Auto and Home Insurance industry is a scam and needs to be regulated

But it is regulated, by states. Your gripes w/ no fault is done by state legislature, that's all. It's a shared cost structure, so you're going to see fluctuations regardless, and I agree, a lot of the times it's usually higher than lower.

I'm biased because I sell business insurance, just to be clear. However, I've seen the flip side of insurance and have saved plenty of businesses over the years. While I agree, at times it can feel slighted, insurance is a cornerstone of a healthy capitalistic market.

Health insurance? Completely different and I would love to see a single payer system just due to the ability to free up peoples' lives and not have to worry about such a thing. That can be completely separated from typical Property and Casualty (sans gray lines of Workers' Compensation).