Promoting endogamy during the Rwandan Civil War

Suge Shot Me

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The following is from the "Hutu Ten Commandments", published in Kangura, a Hutu nationalist newspaper, in 1990:

1. Every Hutu should know that a Tutsi woman, whoever she is, works for the interest of her Tutsi ethnic group. As a result, we shall consider a traitor any Hutu who

• marries a Tutsi woman
  • employs a Tutsi woman as a concubine
  • employs a Tutsi woman as a secretary or takes her under protection.
2. Every Hutu should know that our Hutu daughters are more suitable and conscientious in their role as woman, wife, and mother of the family. Are they not beautiful, good secretaries and more honest?

3. Hutu women, be vigilant and try to bring your husbands, brothers, and sons back to reason.

4. Every Hutu should know that every Tutsi is dishonest in business. His only aim is the supremacy of his ethnic group. As a result, any Hutu who does the following is a traitor:

• makes a partnership with Tutsi in business
  • invests his money or the government's money in a Tutsi enterprise
  • lends or borrows money from a Tutsi
  • gives favors to Tutsi in business (obtaining import licenses, bank loans, construction sites, public markets, etc.).
5. All strategic positions, political, administrative, economic, military and security should be entrusted only to Hutu.

6. The education sector (school pupils, students, teachers) must be majority Hutu.

7. The Rwandan Armed Forces should be exclusively Hutu. The experience of the October 1990 war has taught us a lesson. No member of the military shall marry a Tutsi.

8. The Hutu should stop having mercy on the Tutsi.

9. The Hutu, wherever they are, must have unity and solidarity and be concerned with the fate of their Hutu brothers.

• The Hutu inside and outside Rwanda must constantly look for friends and allies for the Hutu cause, starting with their Hutu brothers.
  • They must constantly counteract Tutsi propaganda.
  • The Hutu must be firm and vigilant against their common Tutsi enemy.
10. The Social Revolution of 1959, the Referendum of 1961, and the Hutu Ideology, must be taught to every Hutu at every level. Every Hutu must spread this ideology widely. Any Hutu who persecutes his brother Hutu for having read, spread, and taught this ideology is a traitor.[1][6]

invalid

Banned
Daps
Weren't the Tutsis viewed as being higher status? I think I heard that according to their history, their ancestors migrated out of Ancient Egypt.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Weren't the Tutsis viewed as being higher status? I think I heard that according to their history, their ancestors migrated out of Ancient Egypt.
they still are, they run the military, politics and media, despite being only 8-14 percent of the population

it's a reason why all their pageant winners have been Tutsis

but no, they are not from ancient egypt. part of their ancestry is southern cushyte from like Ethiopia. they traveled to modern day Burundi, Rwanda, Uganda and mixed with the local "bantu" population

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
The issue was the Hutu or Tutsi were considered to be of foreign or Arab stock from Somalia or something. Hence them being called the 'tall trees' that needed to be chopped down.
Sad state of affairs. Thankfully it was so bad everyone decided to bury the hatchet and move on.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The issue was the Hutu or Tutsi were considered to be of foreign or Arab stock from Somalia or something. Hence them being called the 'tall trees' that needed to be chopped down.
Sad state of affairs. Thankfully it was so bad everyone decided to bury the hatchet and move on.

Move on?

Look what Rwanda is doing to congo

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Was crazy and crazy you go to Rwanda Hutus make up 90 percent of the population. Tons of folks who did horrible things are still alive and living and working .
Now they are 90%??? I thought they all moved to the congo.