Promoting endogamy during the Rwandan Civil War

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
I went through an African civil war/ genocide phase about 10 years ago. Liberia, Congo, Rwanda...And I ended up coming upon some video's that had RTLM broadcasts, and that shyt was bone chilling.

I don't even understand what type of time I was on then...I was just immensely interested in the how, and why these conflicts happened.

Daps
Was crazy and crazy you go to Rwanda Hutus make up 90 percent of the population. Tons of folks who did horrible things are still alive and living and working .

Yup, many Tutsi had to flee to Uganda. The Rwandan (Kigali) infrastructure is head and shoulders better than the Ugandan (Kampala) infrastructure today.

Weren't the Tutsis viewed as being higher status? I think I heard that according to their history, their ancestors migrated out of Ancient Egypt.

Yes to the first sentence, no to the second sentence.

Unsurprisingly, this all rooted in CaCs being CaCs. When the CaCs first got to the region Tutsi and Hutu were not ethnicities, just class distinctions. There were a bunch of different clans, but CaCs (Belgians) made up those two ethnicities/races using racist pseudo-science. Here’s a couple pics from the Kigali Genocide Memorial (3rd pic is in the memorial, but not taken by me):

IMG-3799.jpg

IMG-3800.jpg

IMG-4986.jpg

So they divided the population by these races declaring the Tutsi more intelligent and worthy of their “aid” thus making them rich and powerful, and of course causing the larger Hutu-deemed population to become jealous of them. And it spiraled from there (including other CaC influenced accelerants, especially from the French). Resentment grew to the point where Hutu felt they needed to expel these wicked Tutsi people and nonsense like those commandments were created.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Tutsi are like the Jews of Africa. They ended up losing a lot of people but somehow managed to come out on top, and they run Rwanda now.

Ugandan president is also a Tutsi.

Museveni is not Tutsi. He’s from a group that’s related to Tutsis though.

Tutsis are not on top in Burundi. It’s Hutus who rule there.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
I went through an African civil war/ genocide phase about 10 years ago. Liberia, Congo, Rwanda...And I ended up coming upon some video's that had RTLM broadcasts, and that shyt was bone chilling.

I don't even understand what type of time I was on then...I was just immensely interested in the how, and why these conflicts happened.

Those were all post colonial conflicts created by Europeans. They used to love pushing the narrative of Africans being in constant conflict with each other, using terms like "war torn" and shyt. Terms and phrases they don't use for their own bloody high tech wars. :mjpls:
The reporting, language and terminology used for the Ukraine Russia war is very kind compared to reporting on African conflicts.

But, notice how over time, various African ethnicities that were in post colonial conflicts with each other have squashed the beef. Africa no longer makes the news for wars and famine. The only conflicts currently are brought on by islamists and other such trash.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Diaspora wars :damn:

@Buddy what do you make of this?
I found this post informative
Yup, many Tutsi had to flee to Uganda. The Rwandan (Kigali) infrastructure is head and shoulders better than the Ugandan (Kampala) infrastructure today.

Unsurprisingly, this all rooted in CaCs being CaCs. When the CaCs first got to the region Tutsi and Hutu were not ethnicities, just class distinctions. There were a bunch of different clans, but CaCs (Belgians) made up those two ethnicities/races using racist pseudo-science. Here’s a couple pics from the Kigali Genocide Memorial (3rd pic is in the memorial, but not taken by me):

IMG-3799.jpg

IMG-3800.jpg

IMG-4986.jpg

So they divided the population by these races declaring the Tutsi more intelligent and worthy of their “aid” thus making them rich and powerful, and of course causing the larger Hutu-deemed population to become jealous of them. And it spiraled from there (including other CaC influenced accelerants, especially from the French). Resentment grew to the point where Hutu felt they needed to expel these wicked Tutsi people and nonsense like those commandments were created.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

IMG-3799.jpg

IMG-3800.jpg

IMG-4986.jpg

Yeah Kagame basically trained and grew up in Uganda.

I'm in Uganda right now. Rwanda has to rebuild and did so. Uganda is massive and places like Kampala is just chaotic whoever planned this city should be brought out and shot .

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Yeah Kagame basically trained and grew up in Uganda.

I'm in Uganda right now. Rwanda has to rebuild and did so. Uganda is massive and places like Kampala is just chaotic whoever planned this city should be brought out and shot .

Was likely some city planner from India.

:scust:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
never heard of this event , until I saw Hotel Rwanda.

Great movie by the way.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
never heard of this event , until I saw Hotel Rwanda.

Great movie by the way.

Yup it didn't even happen that long ago. Basically anyone over say 35 rembers it vividly. I visited the memorial and it was eerie. Literally kids would play with kids the day before then when it was announced folks went into like a zombie mode and would just be slaughtering their neighbors etc.