PS4 became everything you criticized about XB1...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
...and XB1 became the PS4 you always wanted :lolbron::umad:

Let's set the mood right for this OP.
Esco, let's go

Backwards Compatibility
PS4: requires you to pay a fee for a streaming service or buy the same game all over again.
XB1: if you owned the game on disc or digitally, you can play it on your XB1. No additional charges.

Peripherals

PS4: still hasn't learned from their past abandoned projects. They release PSVR and almost immediately turned their backs on it despite the strong potential it has
XB1: has discontinued Kinect and has decided to focus on bringing more games to their platform

Graphics
PS4: remember when you guys were counting the individual frames of difference between XB1 and PS4? Every version on PS4 was the definitive version in your eyes.
XB1: now XB1X is coming through to obliterate the buildings graphically and all of a sudden graphics don't matter anymore :whistle:

Games
PS4 + XB1: This is always going to boil down to preference. What can't be debated is the fact that the biggest games are multiplat.

Blu Rays
PS4: For the launch of the PS3, the blu ray player was glorified as the deciding factor in the format wars. Sony stans threw parades about how incredible the saints at Sony were for including this absolutely necessary piece of hardware in their console. Now, even though Sony has a monopoly on Blu Ray, they chose to spit in Sony Stans' faces by not including a 4K player in ANY of their PS4s, INCLUDING the PS4 PRO.
XB1: Listening to the backlash they received when trying to force the digital only issue at launch, MS decided to include a 4K blu ray player in their S model and their X model.

Cross Platform Play
PS4: Sony has been dragging their feet and effectively blocking this from happening
XB1: MS has openly embraced the idea and has extended a hand multiple times to allow cross platform play.

2 years later the point still stands
I can't objectively reccomend getting a PS4 over an XB1 right now

*Cliff Notes:

Sony stans praised PS4 for having better graphics
Sony stans praised PS4 for having better performance
Sony stans praised Sony for have Backwards Compatibility on PS2 and PS3.
Sony stans praised Sony for have a Blu Ray drive in PS3. They even used it as a justification for the $600 launch price

NONE. LITERALLY NONE of these features matter to Sony stans anymore, and they all claim it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact that Sony decided to strip all of these features from their FLAGSHIP console or has simply fallen behind.

Here's a couple gifs to save the furious stans some time:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PS4 still hasn't learned from their past abandoned projects. They release PSVR and almost immediately turned their backs on it despite the strong potential it has
original.gif

How'd they turn their back on it? They're still releasing games and have a lot of games announced still in the works e.g.

50+ new PlayStation VR games coming this year and into early 2018

I don't know where you're going with this one point right here

Games
PS4 + XB1 This is always going to boil down to preference. What can't be debated is the fact that the biggest games are multiplat.

What can't be debated is the fact that some of the biggest games period are also exclusive to PS4 e.g. Horizon, persona, Spider-Man, God of War, TLOU 2, Yakuza, Death Stranding etc.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
original.gif

How'd they turn their back on it? They're still releasing games and have a lot of games announced still in the works e.g.

50+ new PlayStation VR games coming this year and into early 2018

I don't know where you're going with this one point right here
You know the meaningful games on PSVR have been too few and far in between.
Sony isn't championing PSVR like they should. Go to a store and see how many PSVR games you see on the shelf. You know I like PSVR a lot, but come on. You can't believe that Sony is really handling it the way they should be.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know the meaningful games on PSVR have been too few and far in between.
Sony isn't championing PSVR like they should. Go to a store and see how many PSVR games you see on the shelf.
Full blown AAA games like RE7 aren't the only games that are good on the PSVR though. There's a lot of smaller games that are only availble digitally and yes, a few 3~5hr games add up to make a good library of titles. Every game doesn't need to be a 15hr adventure to be considered worthy.

You say this like Skyrim VR ain't coming out next month, like DOOM VFR ain't coming out or like nothing was shown at E3 and the TGS(Moss, AC7, The Impatient, Golem, Dreams from Insomniac etc.) They literally announced like 5~6 PSVR titles exclusively and had a whole segment for PSVR.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjruNWU-47XAhVB5IMKHZHdBp04ChAWCCYwAA&url=http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/10/13/sony-shares-lineup-60-upcoming-psvr-games/&usg=AOvVaw0DIx2GOuYYBQYymFiFv8-A

Just for the rest of the year

Other Upcoming 2017 Titles

• Anamorphine
  • Ark Park
  • Brain Voyagers
  • Chernobyl
  • CoolpaintVR
  • CubeWorks
  • Discovery
  • DragonBlast VR
  • Dream Angling
  • Drunkn Bar Fight
  • DWVR
  • End Space
  • Everest VR
  • Fishing Master
  • Flatline: Experience the Other Side
  • Ghosts in the Toybox
  • Hex Tunnel
  • Honor & Duty
  • Hopalong: The Badlands
  • Justice League VR
  • Light Tracer
  • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
  • Nothin’ But Net
  • Prana
  • Quar Infernal Machines
  • Radial-G: Racing Revolved
  • RadianVR
  • Rec Room
  • Run Dorothy Run
  • Sculptrvr
  • Serious Soccer
  • Shooty Fruitie
  • Snow Fortress
  • Stardrone VR
  • Super Amazeballs
  • Survios
  • The Rabbit Hole
  • The Solus Project
  • Virtual Engagement Confronting Fears
  • VirtuGO
  • VR Apocalypse

Read more at All 60+ PSVR Upcoming Games Revealed by Sony
Now let's keep it 300, you know full and well you ain't about to even run through half of these titles to even know which ones are dope or worth checking out.

There's a ton of games still coming to the PSVR. if that's turning their backs on it then you and I have a very different way of looking at things lol

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Full blown AAA games like RE7 aren't the only games that are good on the PSVR though. There's a lot of smaller games that are only availble digitally and yes, a few 3~5hr games add up to make a good library of titles. Every game doesn't need to be a 15hr adventure to be considered worthy.

You say this like Skyrim VR ain't coming out next month, like DOOM VFR ain't coming out or like nothing was shown at E3 and the TGS(Moss, AC7, The Impatient, Golem, Dreams from Insomniac etc.) They literally announced like 5~6 PSVR titles exclusively and had a whole segment for PSVR.
You're banking on games that haven't even come out yet knowing that PSVR, more so than traditional gaming, is very much so hit and miss.
I'm not knocking the technology, or trying to take away from how much fun, and innovative it is when it has the right software to show it off, I'm just saying there isn't enough solid titles right now to recommend it with a straight face especially at $400. Now recently I've seen it go for as low as $250 and at THAT price, I can see people taking a shot, but still, it's a tough sell.
As a person that openly hated on PSVR before it came out, I actually want it to succeed now, but I can't throw my stan shades on and pretend I have faith in it with Sony at the helm.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
What can't be debated is the fact that some of the biggest games period are also exclusive to PS4 e.g. Horizon, persona, Spider-Man, God of War, TLOU 2, Yakuza, Death Stranding etc.
You're including games that don't even exist yet.
Halo, Gears of War, Forza Horizon 2, Forza 7, among others were big games as well.
Also, sales don't automatically = quality. You know this.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're banking on games that haven't even come out yet knowing that PSVR, more so than traditional gaming, is very much so hit and miss.
I'm not knocking the technology, or trying to take away from how much fun, and innovative it is when it has the right software to show it off, I'm just saying there isn't enough solid titles right now to recommend it with a straight face especially at $400. Now recently I've seen it go for as low as $250 and at THAT price, I can see people taking a shot, but still, it's a tough sell.
As a person that openly hated on PSVR before it came out, I actually want it to succeed now, but I can't throw my stan shades on and pretend I have faith in it with Sony at the helm.

I can list 10 games worth playing on the PSVR right NOW:

SuperHot VR
Thumper
REZ Infinite
Megaton Rainfall
Battlegrounds
Raw Data
Job Simulator
Rigs
RE7
The Invisible Hours
Farpoint
The Lost Bear
Driveclub VR
Dirt Rally VR

Dog there's games i don't think u even played em all and you talking about "oh it's not enough games." lol what?

You're including games that don't even exist yet.
Halo, Gears of War, Forza Horizon 2, Forza 7, among others were big games as well.
Also, sales don't automatically = quality. You know this.
You're trolling.

I can make lists too.

The Last Guardian, Infamous SS, Driveclub, Horizon, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, Uncharted 4, Uncharted TLL, GT Sport, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot N sane Trilogy amaong others ARE big games as well.

Bringing up 3rd party titles are big too is a weird deflection because you can play those on PS4 too. If your point of bringing it up is to say "Well it's even better on the XBOX1!!" then i can easily say you gotta spend $500 more to get prettier graphics. That argument presupposes every 1 is out buying the newer hardware.

Stop dap fishin :camby:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You're trolling.

I can make lists too.

Horizon, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, Uncharted 4, Uncharted TLL, GT Sport, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot N sane Trilogy amaong others ARE big games as well.

What part is trolling?
You said "I can make lists too" like if I was the one that started dropping lists of games. :pachaha:
It's all subjective when it comes to which exclusives matter breh.
The highest selling games have been multiplat and some of, if not the, best games in terms of quality, have been multiplat as well.
You're creating an argument that I wasn't trying to have in the OP.
I'm basically saying, "When it comes to the games, sales aside, what is considered a "good game" is going to depend on the individual player".
You're basically responding "No it isn't! It's an undeniable fact that every PS4 exclusive is better than every other game in existence".
You're not saying this exactly...but you kind of are. :heh:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
You're trolling.

I can make lists too.

The Last Guardian, Infamous SS, Driveclub, Horizon, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, Uncharted 4, Uncharted TLL, GT Sport, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot N sane Trilogy amaong others ARE big games as well.

Bringing up 3rd party titles are big too is a weird deflection because you can play those on PS4 too. If your point of bringing it up is to say "Well it's even better on the XBOX1!!" then i can easily say you gotta spend $500 more to get prettier graphics. That argument presupposes every 1 is out buying the newer hardware.

If you're not getting paid to defend PS4, you're a fukking loser :dead:

Same guy that sold his PS4 to go to Japan and got his girl stolen sitting here telling us about shyt.

I have a PS4 and I have not even used it to play games. I own a PC and I see the crystal clear difference.

PS4 games are always fukking dark for no reason. The graphics were a talking point until now though.

I am still not buying the X1X yet either until I see how it runs games.

I am done listening to Coli nerds

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What part is trolling?
You said "I can make lists too" like if I was the one that started dropping lists of games. :pachaha:
It's all subjective when it comes to which exclusives matter breh.
The highest selling games have been multiplat and some of, if not the, best games in terms of quality, have been multiplat as well.
You're creating an argument that I wasn't trying to have in the OP.
I'm basically saying, "When it comes to the games, sales aside, what is considered a "good game" is going to depend on the individual player".
You're basically responding "No it isn't! It's an undeniable fact that every PS4 exclusive is better than every other game in existence".
You're not saying this exactly...but you kind of are. :heh:
Let's not be dumb here. You said the biggest games are all multiplat according to sales right?
Of course they would be, they're on 3/4 platforms..

As for the "some of the "best" games are going to depend on the player" :camby:

You know damn well you not using that line of thinking when someone ask you about games worth buying on whatever platform. You're going to name high rated games.

You named Xbox 1 exclusives that don't even sell nowhere near "best selling" games so those titles you brought up were specifically because you wanted to point out they were "good" games in your opinion and not "big" as you initially tried to make it about. Forza 7 is not a BIG game like any of those amazing 3rd party titles that are all the rage.

You're not about to go "MGSV is amazing but be careful you may not like it because that's up to you :whoa:"

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you're not getting paid to defend PS4, you're a fukking loser :dead:

Same guy that sold his PS4 to go to Japan and got his girl stolen sitting here telling us about shyt.

I have a PS4 and I have not even used it to play games. I own a PC and I see the crystal clear difference.

PS4 games are always fukking dark for no reason. The graphics were a talking point until now though.

I am still not buying the X1X yet either until I see how it runs games.

I am done listening to Coli nerds
1Zwx8.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Let's not be dumb here. You said the biggest games are all multiplat according to sales right?
Of course they would, they're on 3/4 platforms..

As for the "some of the games are going to depend on the player" :camby:

You know damn well you not using that line of thinking when someone ask you about games worth buying on whatever platform. You're going to name high rated games. You're not about to go "MGSV is amazing but be careful you may not like it because that's up to you :whoa:"
I've actually recommended games and said "...but it might not be for everyone".
I recently said so in the Destiny 2 thread.
But in your fury you're making this thread about me when it's about how the tables have turned on Sony stans :umad:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've actually recommended games and said "...but it might not be for everyone".
I recently said so in the Destiny 2 thread.
But in your fury you're making this thread about me when it's about how the tables have turned on Sony stans :umad:
This whole thread
3VwfviR.gif

how dare you try to talk bad about Sony PS4?