"Purple Rain", 1984 rock musical drama film with Prince (R.I.P.)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Prince_PurpleRainMovie.jpg

Cast:

:rip::mjcry: A nikka dead. *Kanye Voice*. Finally gonna watch this movie tonight in his honor.
What's y'all thoughts on this movie & Prince's acting career?

EDIT:

Legendary singer Prince has passed away at the age of 57 at his Paisley Park estate in Minnesota. As of right now, details are scarce, but police reportedly responded to an emergency around 9:30 a.m TMZ is reporting that Prince's body was found earlier this morning at his residence. The AP has since confirmed Prince's passing. A statement from Prince's reps can be read below.

“It is with profound sadness that I am confirming that the legendary, iconic performer, Prince Rogers Nelson, has died at his Paisley Park residence this morning at the age of 57. There are no further details as to the cause of death at this time.”
Last week, Prince was hospitalized after his plane made an emergency landing in Illinois following a show in Atlanta. At the time, his team released a statement that he had been battling the flu, and he was later seen riding his bike around his neighborhood over the weekend. As of now, there's no word on the cause of death, though Prince had to cancel multiple shows recently due to health concerns.

Prince's contributions to the world go far beyond just his music, but his impact on the music world can't be understated in any way. His countless classic albums and songs over the years—1999, Purple Rain, Sign o' the Times, and many more—helped shape generations of music forever. The legendary singer brought an unmatched style and enthusiasm to everything he did, and also continually pushed the boundaries as an artist and challenged preconceived notions about not only music, but style, race, and sexuality.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I know we are all going to go sometime but Prince? That was so out of the blue. They are being real hush hush on the cause for some reason :jbhmm:

Ps damn shame either way dude never really got his proper due given his talents

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I know we are all going to go sometime but Prince? That was so out of the blue. They are being real hush hush on the cause for some reason :jbhmm:

Prince is regarded as one of the greatest musicians EVER!

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Where you at where prince didn't get his props homie?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He's probably talking about mainstream publications/press.

I could give examples, but then y'all will say who cares about those cac magazines anyways :heh:

They gave him his props. Mtv, Ew, rolling stone was a bit finicky on him but the dude got his props. They didn't come early because he wasn't a media darling like MJ or anyone else but he got them definitely once the early 2000s hit. Prince didn't like being in the spotlight like that or doing a lot of interviews so he was an enigma. He started to open up as he got older but his music still wasn't and isn't readily accessible.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
They gave him his props. Mtv, Ew, rolling stone was a bit finicky on him but the dude got his props. They didn't come early because he wasn't a media darling like MJ or anyone else but he got them definitely once the early 2000s hit. Prince didn't like being in the spotlight like that or doing a lot of interviews so he was an enigma. He started to open up as he got older but his music still wasn't and isn't readily accessible.

I'll let roman answer..don't wanna speak for him. But getting props and getting the props you deserve are different:yeshrug:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Where you at where prince didn't get his props homie?
I have lived in the 3 biggest English speaking islands outside America and sans the 80s to early 90s (I will say he got commemorative dap for musicology) he ain't really spoke of like the luminary he was. He should have got elvis/mj type press/success simple as anything less is/was a disservice.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Not in sales or public opinion and are we really going to act like history will be kind to him? He'll be forgotten quite easily and that's a tragedy

Will he? I been watching the news all day and they shut off election coverage for him. Mtv is showing his videos in constant rotation and I've seen every news organization including those that couldn't give two shyts about music, talk about his death and the impact he had on the world. And he's sold millions of albums man in his heyday. He had the standard drop off that a lot of artist do but recovered beautifully in the early 2000s with musicology and he's sold over 100 million worldwide

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I have lived in the 3 biggest English speaking islands outside America and sans the 80s to early 90s (I will say he got commemorative dap for musicology) he ain't really spoke of like the luminary he was. He should have got elvis/mj type press/success simple as anything less is/was a disservice.

Yeah well apparently we watch different shyt because I've never seen him not spoken of a luminary recently this decade or last. The thing is he stayed to himself. He stayed out of the public eye. We live in a world where we always want to talk about the new hotness and who's in front of us. Shyt even before Michael passed people weren't speaking glowingly about him either, saying how much he fell off and how it was time for him to hang it up. Then he passed and all that changed. With prince it was the opposite. He was able to completely rejuvenate his career since the turn of the century, selling records and making good music