Question for all my brehs (serious)

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
How do you as black men rationalize the fact that the entire world is against us?

Let me say that I’m not speaking out of emotion, so please don’t take this the wrong way. Only facts. No need to get defensive or argue how anything I’ve said is wrong. Only reply if you agree that anti-blackness is real and the foundation of society.

By that I mean globalized racism anti-blackness. As a black man, how do you rationalize that in this society you are the enemy? From huge systemic factors that shut us out of the economy, the threat of being killed by police, to general racism you face on a day to day basis from non-black people.

Like it or not, the entire world is against us as a people and everything was built off of our death, destruction, and exploitation.

Sometimes I just think about my place in this world idk sometimes. And as a black man I’ve struggled to really find purpose when all of this is considered.

How do you as black men rationalize the fact that the entire world is against us? What is your purpose as a man with all of this considered?

Feel free to share your thoughts without judgement.

Bossino

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Honestly this thread premise is one of the best I've seen on this site so dap + rep off GP

I do edibles regularly and cycle through it to maintain a positive enough mood to push through my day to day, keep my goals in mind, and stay level/balanced. The last half decade made me a full blown cynic. I didn't trust cacs before, but now if not for work I wouldn't deal with them at all. I've seen the worst of cacs, seen the worst of women, but the straw that breaks the camels back for me is all the infighting amongst black folk. Be it bw shytting on bm or ADOS vs. immigrants of the diaspora, etc. I've really come to internalize Amerikkka is Babylon, and I'm just working till I make enough to leave for good. I know that won't solve my problems as a black man, but I know there's better out there in terms of living somewhere where WS does quite smack me over the head regularly like it does here.

As an introverted, relatively reserved, intellectual, black man I know my chances with bw are slim, particular Amerikkkan bw. I don't have generational curses to break, my parents are immigrants so meta, we were broke but in comparison to first gen kids aggregate, I grew up average I guess had everything I needed, nothing I wanted, but that alone is a blessing, so. I don't move with my mind deadset on kids/a family, because I know this crop of women isn't overflowing with motherly/wife types

I guess to answer your question directly I don't think about it too much and stay distracted by trying to finish school, working, saving, investing, fitness, edibles, etc. Baldwin once said "To be a conscious black man in Amerikkka is to be in constant rage" (not exact wording). Maaaaan was he right, prior to edibles I was the epitome of an aloof, cynical pessimist. I have to edibles or something because it's more likely than not that I suffer from mild depression, because in sobriety even when productive, and progressing along in various aspects of life. I wonder what the point is when other black folk for the most part can't relate/didn't get the chance to get as far.

You fail as a breh you end up a stat = BUMMER, you succeed as a breh you end up an exception to the rule and have survivor's remorse = BUMMER

Frankly the mental/emotional load you carry as a breh in Amerikkka while maintaining a composed exterior so you aren't labeled an "angry black man" or "dangerous", in comparison to the supposed crosses, cacs, rice cacs, and spicy cacs think are sooooo cumbersome makes me have more contempt for non black folk period. It also makes me dismiss black folk that are uber comfortable around, date, or procreate with non-black folk. Love is love but you can keep ya daps, ya nods.

Just my interpretation of the situation :yeshrug:

TL, DR essentially this song is what crosses my mental at some random point everyday

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
As long as I live a comfortable life and do my best to help others than I feel like I'm good. I don't always agree with religious teachings but I can get behind Buddha's aphorism that "to live is to suffer". Does this mean that we should take whatever pain we have and not do something about it? No. But experiencing hardship is inevitable and it should never come as a surprise. Black men, women & nonbinary people should do the best we can to alleviate our suffering and help non-Black people to recognize the issue of racism and its ugly effects while at the same thing recognizing that this is a problem that's centuries in the making and may very well take centuries to solve. We can only do the little things and hope the next generation gets incrementally better.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP..

I don't believe the entire world is against us. If that was true, then that would also include Black people.

Do you think all Black people are against all Black people?

Even if you are talking about all non-Black people, it still wouldn't be true.

OP..

I don't give a rat's ass nor a flying fukk about anyone who don't know me nor care to know me think about me! Why would I give those people an ounce of power or consideration about who I am as a person?

Of course there are many people out there who are against us. But, so what? Who are they & why are they relevant to us?

I don't claim to know a lot, but how I see it, being a Melaninated person is a blessing! There is a reason why non-Black scientists study us! They know we are dope AF! The proof is in our existence! Of all the things our people went through, we are still here! We are still thriving & surviving! Ain't nobody fukkin with us and you know it!

That is all that matters! Chin up, chest out 10 toes down!

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
I dont think about it very much, but when I do I think about a couple of things:

My legacy - My grandfather, and his father, etc. All had to deal with this on a much more overt and physically destructive level. They raised healthy strong families and they did it boldly with their heads held high. My familial legacy (like most black men) is one of striving in the face of these issues and doing it well. I will continue the legacy

Nature - Salmon have to swim upstream from the pacific into California every year in a literally suicidal (99.4% of Salmon die at the end of journey) trail littered with predators that even if they do manage to avoid they almost always die from exhaustion. They do this just so they next generation has a chance at life. If a fuking fish can do it than so can I.

Options - I have no choice but to thrive in the face of this. My community and my unborn children need the best possible chance considering what is out there immediately and systemically to destroy them.

The system against us is demonic and we literally rise and thrive in the face of something that has been designed and perfected over hundreds over years to enslave us.

"They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds"

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
OP..

I don't believe the entire world is against us. If that was true, then that would also include Black people.

Do you think all Black people are against all Black people?

Even if you are talking about all non-Black people, it still wouldn't be true.

OP..

I don't give a rat's ass nor a flying fukk about anyone who don't know me nor care to know me think about me! Why would I give those people an ounce of power or consideration about who I am as a person?

Of course there are many people out there who are against us. But, so what? Who are they & why are they relevant to us?

I don't claim to know a lot, but how I see it, being a Melaninated person is a blessing! There is a reason why non-Black scientists study us! They know we are dope AF! The proof is in our existence! Of all the things our people went through, we are still here! We are still thriving & surviving! Ain't nobody fukkin with us and you know it!

That is all that matters! Chin up, chest out 10 toes down!
I agree with most of this except that some of the people who hate us also hold authority- whether political, economic, or military. We should do whatever we can to get those people out of power.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree with most of this except that some of the people who hate us also hold authority- whether political, economic, or military. We should do whatever we can to get those people out of power.

I never said that there wasn't people who hold authority. However those people who have that power hold authority over everyone, not just Black people.

What I can't accept is all non-Black people holding authority over all Black people.

I will admit that I never travelled the world. But if I ever get a chance, I don't believe that everyone outside the US hate Black people. If anything, I believe that Black people from the States would be damn near celebrities! That is how fly as a people we are!

I really believe it!

* shrugs*

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
I just do me and focus on myself. Can’t control what I can’t control :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Black people are the strongest, most unique and beautiful people on earth.

Of course there are haters.

On another note, the few demented cacs on the planet cause most of the turmoil.

Don't fall for the theory that we can't think highly of ourselves and safely be free to love ourselves because a few devils spread propaganda.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
It's sobering to think that literally every country in the world, when Black Americans hop off the plane the local people go

"Not these motherfukcers again"

To be hated globally..

Like we conquered everything and polluted the land sea and air

The one and only thing I think about It is that we need to level up, establish and control our own community.

Instead of dwelling on those around us, time to look within and get busy building

King

Daps
Bump, good thoughts shared thus far brehs

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
How do you as black men rationalize the fact that the entire world is against us? What is your purpose as a man with all of this considered?

I wouldnt care if we had a code of conduct similar to the Jews or Chinese.

But as long as Africa is weak, the global black collective will be weak - because thats home court.

There is no code of conduct.... nikkas out here selling out for the enemy.... our women sleeping with the enemy.... our children being educated by the enemy.... our greatest minds being employed and exploited by the enemy.

Individually I'm very blessed but it doesnt matter if youre scoring 50 points on a losing team.

Does it depress me? Sometimes.

Do I self-medicate? Yes.

I need therapy but I dont think a therapist could help me.... most therapists are educated in euro-centric institutions and wouldnt be able to understand how I feel anyway, so fukk that.

Some days I'm very motivated and fired up... some days I look at the international news and then get depressed

I just get up everyday and keep grinding.... nothing I can do but keep going... keep grinding....

King

Daps
I never said that there wasn't people who hold authority. However those people who have that power hold authority over everyone, not just Black people.

What I can't accept is all non-Black people holding authority over all Black people.

I will admit that I never travelled the world. But if I ever get a chance, I don't believe that everyone outside the US hate Black people. If anything, I believe that Black people from the States would be damn near celebrities! That is how fly as a people we are!

I really believe it!

* shrugs*
I’d encourage you to listen to this lecture. I think you’d get a lot value out of it. Just throw it on when you have some free time.