quick question for my hoopers...

are you as nice as you were back in the day?

• Total voters

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
also @Kitsch be prepared to FALL OFF A CLIFF once you hit 35 :francis:

I see you're in London, I'm guessing basketball isn't that big over there, which is prolly why you got a late start.
what made you pick it up in the first place?

also, what's more popular over there, the FIFA games or NBA2k?

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Both :mjgrin: usually do 3 leagues a yr and pickup ball twice a wk.

I usually only run into that overly hacking shyt at the hood spots, or against the tryhard cacs
I used to see all the talk about Curry revolutionizing the way basketball is being played but one day it finally hit me.
I was at this one gym and this late 20s cac, business type, gets there and he has the latest Curry shoes and a compression sleeve on his arm. You already know what time it was :snoop:
dude was out there chucking like shyt, three after three after three, not playing defense, and he was the type to get mad at his teammates for his fukkups. we had the gym for two hours and I don't think anybody picked him up until it got close to the last half hour and other brehs were leaving and so the people that were left had no choice but to let him play :russ:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
damn breh :picard:

you planning on going back to hoop or nah?
Hell no. I'm 37 now and carrying too much weight. Packed on 40 after the fracture, lost 30 of it but then had to have surgery to remove bone spurs. Gained that 30 right back. I"m 25 down from my highest but still got more to lose before I even consider it. Probably still won't go back to playing just cause it ain't worth getting hurt even playing is one of the biggest highs for me in life.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I totally transformed my game. I used to play like Z-Bo, now I'm a pass first point forward that can knock down open shots like Iggy. The paint is where most of the injuries are.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
I totally transformed my game. I used to play like Z-Bo, now I'm a pass first point forward that can knock down open shots like Iggy. The paint is where most of the injuries are.
do you lose weight or something? that's a pretty extreme change.

as far as injuries go, for me, it always happens to my knees. like if the playing surface is too hard and I play on it too much then I get patella tendinitis real bad.
I remember Vince Carter used to have the same problem back in the day and he partnered with a company called Cho Pat iirc and the way it worked was you would put these bands on your knees and the pressure was supposed to help relieve stress somehow. I remember trying it and it didn't work for me. but I definitely remember that being a thing for a while, not just for Vince, other players were doing it too

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
also @Kitsch be prepared to FALL OFF A CLIFF once you hit 35 :francis:

I see you're in London, I'm guessing basketball isn't that big over there, which is prolly why you got a late start.
what made you pick it up in the first place?
At 14/15, I had a promising Football career but my parents weren't having it, they wanted me to focus on education. Which I thank them for now but at the time it caused me to fall out of love with Football.

Played both Basketball and Hockey (not Ice Hockey) for my high school but High School Basketball isn't big over here like it is like it is stateside. I actually went to the same High School at this guy but he moved to pursue Basketball in America. I didn't play with him, he was a few years my senior. I wasn't really even good, I played because I enjoyed playing sports and was competitive. I got to university and I wanted to stay active but didn't want to play football so I started playing Basketball recreationally. Been playing ever since then. Recently got back into Football too, I'm still pretty good but I've noticed a lot of people my age are :flabbynsick:

also, what's more popular over there, the FIFA games or NBA2k?
Definitely FIFA.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Hell no. I'm 37 now and carrying too much weight. Packed on 40 after the fracture, lost 30 of it but then had to have surgery to remove bone spurs. Gained that 30 right back. I"m 25 down from my highest but still got more to lose before I even consider it. Probably still won't go back to playing just cause it ain't worth getting hurt even playing is one of the biggest highs for me in life.
that sucks bro

generally I can't fukking stand cardio, just hopping on a treadmill and running for no reason is boring af, ditto for fitness bikes. hooping is far and away my favorite way to get cardio in but if you can't do that anymore I highly recommend boxing. it's mad hard and you'd be surprised at how tiring going through combination drills for a two minute round will tire you the fukk out. it also builds confidence, and muscle memory in case you get in a situation and gotta fukk somebody up :pachaha: I'm too old to be out here fighting but it came in handy once

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
do you lose weight or something? that's a pretty extreme change.

as far as injuries go, for me, it always happens to my knees. like if the playing surface is too hard and I play on it too much then I get patella tendinitis real bad.
I remember Vince Carter used to have the same problem back in the day and he partnered with a company called Cho Pat iirc and the way it worked was you would put these bands on your knees and the pressure was supposed to help relieve stress somehow. I remember trying it and it didn't work for me. but I definitely remember that being a thing for a while, not just for Vince, other players were doing it too
Yeah I lost about 100 pounds.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
cotdamn, how you get that big in the first place breh :gucci:

also how'd you lose the weight. I'm at about 190-195 right now but I'd like to lose ten pounds. my dumb ass couldn't figure out why I seemed slower when I was hooping and it's cause I'm heavier than I used to be :francis:
I used to eat fast food like three times a day after college. After awhile I stopped doing cardio and that was it. Then add in the fact that I used to drink hella soda and juice...I was reckless with the nutrition breh.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
I used to eat fast food like three times a day after college. After awhile I stopped doing cardio and that was it. Then add in the fact that I used to drink hella soda and juice...I was reckless with the nutrition breh.
I do my best to just drink water, the calories in those soft drinks add up quick, had me looking at the scale like :dwillhuh:

And you know what's a trip, those low calorie and sugar free drinks still somehow feed into a sugar feedback loop and you end up seeking real sugar anyways

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to see all the talk about Curry revolutionizing the way basketball is being played but one day it finally hit me.
I was at this one gym and this late 20s cac, business type, gets there and he has the latest Curry shoes and a compression sleeve on his arm. You already know what time it was :snoop:
dude was out there chucking like shyt, three after three after three, not playing defense, and he was the type to get mad at his teammates for his fukkups. we had the gym for two hours and I don't think anybody picked him up until it got close to the last half hour and other brehs were leaving and so the people that were left had no choice but to let him play :russ:

:mjlol: Sounds like a career JV hooper tbh

I’m not gonna lie in league games I’ll get into my Curry bag if I hit a heat check or 2. Start pulling that bytch from NBA range :russ: they always know they gotta guard me out there tho :jawalrus: