quick question for my hoopers...

are you as nice as you were back in the day?

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Denver
why haven't you played? too busy adulting or you just got other shyt going on in your life.

I stopped for a hot minute because I took up boxing, which is fun. but I figure this summer I'm gonna do something I really enjoy, which is basketball. been playing ever since I was a kid and as washed as I am now, there's something special about getting on the court and all that muscle memory kicks in
After high school my boys and I still went and played at the park and did a couple rec leagues, but with work schedules and responsibilities we did it less and less as time went on. Then I moved away a couple years ago. I’ll probably look into some adult leagues or just try to figure out where the good runs are by me eventually.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
scary fast stupid bounce could dunk off the alley before i even hit highschool or had my growth spurt

end of eigth grade year i got some puzzy & started dosing meds.........i really wasn't about shyte but grabbing some petty change to get fly tryna pipe different tings around town & ot

if you ask me for real i was too nice for organized hoops too nice for the league

now i walk everything up all set shots left hand right hand under the rim spin & kiss it off the glass

no capp no lie

:troll:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
i'm a back to the basket post player from day 1 :yeshrug:

i have much more offensive arsenal now than 20 years ago, but i'm not even a half man that i used to be :mjcry:

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
I’ve learned to do less I guess. I use to run up and down the court kinda score wherever. I graduated high school like 5’10 now im 6’4+ naturally I’m in the post now for rec ball but im more of a stretch when I don’t have to guard the tallest guy off the strength. I let the youngins do all that extra running shyt now. I got work in the morning :manny:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
i hoop 3 times a week at local Y and practice once or twice per week.

my routine when i'm not running full court with nikkas

1. 2 ball handle drills
2. mikan drill
3. fadeaway drill
4. FTs
5. 3s
6. jump hooks left and right hands
7. basic dribbling drills
8. stepbacks
9. crossover layups - shake and bake and so on
10. 1 ball handle drills

i started doing these religiously just trying to get back in shape 5-6 years ago. It made me a better player. i'm old, so doing this 1 hour alone is a full blown cardio for me and i love it.

but man I love my food. I lost 40lb when i was on a diet but now i gained it all back. still want to drop 20lb but it's very hard for me brehs.

i'm 6ft 1 215lb ish. kinda chubby

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't played in a long time but I had that Rajon Rondo game. I was always a pass first but I had a decent jump shot too. The coach would actually tell me to shoot more. Don't know why but I just love assists way more than scoring :ohlawd:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i hoop 3 times a week at local Y and practice once or twice per week.

my routine when i'm not running full court with nikkas

1. 2 ball handle drills
2. mikan drill
3. fadeaway drill
4. FTs
5. 3s
6. jump hooks left and right hands
7. basic dribbling drills
8. stepbacks
9. crossover layups - shake and bake and so on
10. 1 ball handle drills

i started doing these religiously just trying to get back in shape 5-6 years ago. It made me a better player. i'm old, so doing this 1 hour alone is a full blown cardio for me and i love it.

but man I love my food. I lost 40lb when i was on a diet but now i gained it all back. still want to drop 20lb but it's very hard for me brehs.

i'm 6ft 1 barefoot 215lb ish. kinda chubby

You get a rebounder for shooting or you get your own?

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
You get a rebounder for shooting or you get your own?

i play like z bo breh. if i get the ball down low can get a shot off because i instinctively jump hook. and i also can fade in and out. but in a ISO situation like harden at 3pt line i would rather pass and set screens.

but mostly i'm down low or at least within 12-15ft around the rim. I was that stocky nikka who ain't got no athletic gene, but got buns with a fluid hip. and since i can jump hook with both hands i have an advantage to counter.

but i'm practicing all the things today's young nikkas do cuz it's fun. 10 years ago i didn't even know stepback let alone attempt it in a game. lately i'm working on moves like shake and bake. i also do various crossovers whenever i play 21 or 1 on 1s. i just don't trust it enough to do it a real game.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i play like z bo breh. if i get the ball down low can get a shot off because i instinctively jump hook. and i also can fade in and out. but in a ISO situation like harden at 3pt line i would rather pass and set screens.

but mostly i'm down low or at least within 12-15ft around the rim. I was that stocky nikka who ain't got no athletic gene, but got buns with a fluid hip. and since i can jump hook with both hands i have an advantage to counter.

but i'm practicing all the things today's young nikkas do cuz it's fun. 10 years ago i didn't even know stepback let alone attempt it in a game. lately i'm working on moves like shake and bake. i also do various crossovers whenever i play 21 or 1 on 1s. i just don't trust it enough to do it a real game.

I was talking about a rebounder for your shooting drills breh :russ: