"Race" = Bullshyt, According to Science

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
No, because subspecies are delineated by internal and external morphological differences. All humans have the SAME morphology internally. Also, more often than not, subspecies are tied to a specific location/environment whereas humans are not. It would be more accurate than 'race', though.​
You’re spitting facts. Ppl conveniently ignore the DNA similarity in humans all over no matter location (over 99.9%). Race is 100% a social construct, which has good and bad uses. The idea of race is not inherently evil or wrong, but there’s almost no genetic difference between any race. Phenotypes and expressed alleles don’t make you a whole new species.

Asante

All Star
Daps
Those are a result of location, environment, and evolution.

'Racial groups' don't exist.​

No they are not! Human variation is greatest in Africa, but depletes to oblivion when dealing with Whites and Orientals. This genetic diversity is what determines a population true potential.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
The crakkka’s “science” is responsible for creating this situation. I didn’t need anyone’s “science” to tell me what I already knew anyway. The only constant in this fukked up equation is the white man. And that’s the case whether you’re discussing race, religion, economics, law and whatever else you can think of.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
No, because subspecies are delineated by internal and external morphological differences. All humans have the SAME morphology internally. Also, more often than not, subspecies are tied to a specific location/environment whereas humans are not. It would be more accurate than 'race', though.​
Going to check on the first part, but second part is bit of a reach.
Conquest and imperialism is the primary reason that people aren't tied to specific locations/environments. And even then, that's relatively recent in human history.

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I would argue that race is most similar to subspecies. Yes we're all the same species, but perhaps there's enough difference that race=subspecies.

I believe one of the biggest travesty is the neglect on the emphasis on the slight, but present internal and external differences. As this is applied to other animal genus.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Get These Nets said:
Going to check on the first part, but second part is bit of a reach.
Conquest and imperialism is the primary reason that people aren't tied to specific locations/environments. And even then, that's relatively recent in human history.

Breh, modern humans left Africa almost 200,000 years ago.​

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
You’re spitting facts. Ppl conveniently ignore the DNA similarity in humans all over no matter location (over 99.9%). Race is 100% a social construct, which has good and bad uses. The idea of race is not inherently evil or wrong, but there’s almost no genetic difference between any race. Phenotypes and expressed alleles don’t make you a whole new species.

We share like 98% with chimps. 1% difference is huge! .50% is also significant. The elephant in the room.

Notice you had to include "almost" no genetic difference.