Radio freestyles are corny

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
I'm sorry. :yeshrug: Get furious :mjlol:

Listening to Leek Lills new bullshyt freestyle, it really hit me how corny this whole setup is. You're not proving shyt by rapping struggle bars over classic hip hop beats that were slain by the creators. Just because you can talk over "Shook Ones" does not make you nice. AT ALL. The shyt has nothing to do with anything.

The only way I know if you're nice is if I give you an original beat and you have to figure out how to kill it. In other words, you can only be nice if you make nice original music. Period. That's where the hard work in this rap shyt comes in. Not you borrowing flows from infinitely better rappers and then showing up with a new hat on/sneaker. That's that image driven, mediocrity shyt that y'all love.

But SirBiatch aint fukkin with it :salute:

Besides, if you're not gonna kill the original, what's the fukking point?

Here's a perfect example:

Everyone's emulating this dumb shyt, while forgetting two obvious things:

1. That Milkbone beat was underground as fukk, so it's practically an original beat. It's not like it was a former Nas song or some stupid shyt.

2. Big L and Jay-Z murdered Milkbone. Not even close. In a way, they made their own original song out of it. These garbage pretenders like Leek Lill aren't coming close to Prodigy, Raekwon or whoever else they're pretending to be lineage from.

Nas freestyled over Ra's "Paid in Full", but he's excused for two reasons
1. Nas is brilliant.
2. At the time he did this, Nas has already dropped several classic original songs. He rapped over Ra's shyt to make a statement. To remind y'all he was still the nicest since Rakim. Not using it to build a struggle career like _______ [insert thousands of trash 'he got bars' rappers from NYC]

How dare you tell me someone's nice because they got a bunch of radio freestyles? :laff: