Ramona Shelburne claims race played factor in anger surrounding Anthony Davis trade to Lakers

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA

“I believe there’s a racial component to all this. That a black agent telling, not asking, a team that they should trade him [AD] did not go over well. Especially in the South.. Aaron Mintz did the same thing with Paul George & it wasn’t as bad.”

Shelburne, of course, was talking about Davis’ African-American agent Rich Paul, whose straightforward approach might have not gone well with some of the franchise higher-ups from the South.

She hinted that those factors may have been the cause of why the team initially refused to grant the Klutch Sports Group’s request for a trade.

ESPN's Ramona Shelburne Claims Race Played Factor in Anger Surrounding Anthony Davis Trade

This bytch still spouting lies and nonsense just like she did about kyrie in Brooklyn. AD asked for a trade mid season and tried to force a trade bc nobody else had time to put a package together. Paul George got traded in the off season. Completely different circumstances. At the time the pels had a black GM in Dell Demps and the Benson family is far from racist so how did race come into play? Fat bytch just want attention

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

“I believe there’s a racial component to all this. That a black agent telling, not asking, a team that they should trade him [AD] did not go over well. Especially in the South.. Aaron Mintz did the same thing with Paul George & it wasn’t as bad.”

Shelburne, of course, was talking about Davis’ African-American agent Rich Paul, whose straightforward approach might have not gone well with some of the franchise higher-ups from the South.

She hinted that those factors may have been the cause of why the team initially refused to grant the Klutch Sports Group’s request for a trade.

ESPN's Ramona Shelburne Claims Race Played Factor in Anger Surrounding Anthony Davis Trade

This bytch still spouting lies and nonsense just like she did about kyrie in Brooklyn. AD asked for a trade mid season and tried to force a trade bc nobody else had time to put a package together. Paul George got traded in the off season. Completely different circumstances. At the time the pels had a black GM in Dell Demps and the Benson family is far from racist so how did race come into play? Fat bytch just want attention

Henry's initial lawsuit in November 2015 accused the Saints not only of failing to pay overtime, but also of firing him for complaining that Benson's wife, Gayle, made racially insensitive comments about him. Henry, who is black, has not been awarded any damages for claims of racism.

Saints must pay $384K to fired assistant of late owner Tom Benson

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Henry's initial lawsuit in November 2015 accused the Saints not only of failing to pay overtime, but also of firing him for complaining that Benson's wife, Gayle, made racially insensitive comments about him. Henry, who is black, has not been awarded any damages for claims of racism.

Saints must pay $384K to fired assistant of late owner Tom Benson
He worked there for 25 years. The money is for money not being paid for work. The insensitive remarks weren't added until after the initial lawsuit with no proof, witnesses, or evidence of her calling him black. Gayle didn't work for the teams until 2018. This is in 2015. He had a chance to sue her but he didn't. I wonder why.

"In December, the EEOC sent Henry a letter saying that, based on the information provided, the agency could not conclude whether there had been any violations of the law. But the agency noted that the letter also didn’t clear the Saints of wrongdoing, and it told Henry, 60, he had the right to sue the team for damages on those claims, if he wanted."
Saints deny allegations of racial discrimination lodged against owner Tom Benson’s wife

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
The Bensons have been racist wtf OP
When?

Edit: Thats litterally the only story and it's baseless. He didn't sue for that. He tried to add that after the original law suit.

Last edited:

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
This isn't Utah. Redneck trash white people in NOLA follow the Saints and LSU. Trash journalism.
I find it funny she says this the day before they play each other in NOLA. The nba expected it to be AD vs zion. Now when the fans boo AD it's bc we're racist :stopitslime:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
He worked there for 25 years. The money is for money not being paid for work. The insensitive remarks weren't added until after the initial lawsuit with no proof, witnesses, or evidence of her calling him black. Gayle didn't work for the teams until 2018. This is in 2015. He had a chance to sue her but he didn't. I wonder why.

"In December, the EEOC sent Henry a letter saying that, based on the information provided, the agency could not conclude whether there had been any violations of the law. But the agency noted that the letter also didn’t clear the Saints of wrongdoing, and it told Henry, 60, he had the right to sue the team for damages on those claims, if he wanted."
Saints deny allegations of racial discrimination lodged against owner Tom Benson’s wife
This doesn't prove that she is not a racist, he was not gonna win that battle anyways without proof. It's he says/she says. I was just responding to you saying "far from racist"

Anyways, Ramona's comments are stupid.

AD handled his request in the worst way possible, and every fanbase/team would have reacted the same way as Pels did. Ramona has been stupid for a while though so whatever.

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
This doesn't prove that she is not a racist, he was not gonna win that battle anyways without proof. It's he says/she says. I was just responding to you saying "far from racist"

Anyways, Ramona's comments are stupid.

AD handled his request in the worst way possible, and every fanbase/team would have reacted the same way as Pels did. Ramona has been stupid for a while though so whatever.
It doesn't prove she is either. Without proof it's an assumption either way. Personally I choose to give people the benefit of the doubt when theres no proof with it stuff like racism. That ain't to be played with.