• Tremont Waters

• Cam Reddish

• Other (Post your choice)

Results are only viewable after voting.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Could have sworn I already made this joint but I couldn't find it.

This season looking to be just as exciting as last season. :wow:

There's a new ranking system this year as well, didn't seem like many people read the thread I made on that so I'll post it here as well.

The NCAA has developed a new ranking system to replace the RPI as the primary sorting tool for evaluating teams during the Division I men’s basketball season.

The NCAA Evaluation Tool, which will be known as the NET, relies on game results, strength of schedule, game location, scoring margin, net offensive and defensive efficiency, and the quality of wins and losses. To make sense of team performance data, late-season games (including from the NCAA tournament) were used as test sets to develop a ranking model leveraging machine learning techniques. The model, which used team performance data to predict the outcome of games in test sets, was optimized until it was as accurate as possible. The resulting model is the one that will be used as the NET going forward.

The NET was built to create a ranking system that was as accurate as possible while also evaluating team performance fairly. To ensure fairness, certain types of data were omitted from the model. Of key importance, game date and order were omitted to give equal importance to both early and late-season games. In addition, a cap of 10 points was applied to the winning margin to prevent rankings from encouraging unsportsmanlike play, such as needlessly running up the score in a game where the outcome was certain.

Another change made last year to the team sheets was the inclusion of other metrics. These include the Kevin Pauga Index and ESPN’s results-oriented metric, the Strength of Record. The team sheets also included three predictive metrics: those managed by renowned basketball analytics experts Ken Pomeroy and Jeff Sagarin, as well as ESPN’s Basketball Power Index.

Read More: NCAA.com | GDPR Compliance

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Def interested in my Gators this year. This is basically Mike White's squad now. Disappointing ending to last year but if Allen and Hudson are more consistent from game to game this year, they're a formidable 1-2 punch.

Our lack of height down low still has me concerned though

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Def interested in my Gators this year. This is basically Mike White's squad now. Disappointing ending to last year but if Allen and Hudson are more consistent from game to game this year, they're a formidable 1-2 punch.

Our lack of height down low still has me concerned though

Stokes should be nice once he gets back in form, and Nembhard was a really good pickup.

But yeah, not even just height, y'all need to get some good production out of Kevarrius, not a lot of talent down low this year.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
AT you nikkas who stay praying on our downfall.

wesyZDs.png

4Ehh340.png
And To cac Mullin. If you can’t win with this roster you better take your ass back to Golden State (and Take Mitch with you).

:pacspit: No more excuses.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
@str8up Thoughts on Sagaba Konate? Seen some mocks with him all the way at the end of the 2nd...

He measured pretty well at the combine. Could be a good weak side shot blocker, would have been fine staying in the draft. Definitely overtook Esa.

Not sure if I'll have as much time this year to keep up with things, but I'd like to follow him more closely (WVU in general) this season if I can.

Anyone having him at the end of the second is pretty dumb.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interested to see Bol Bol. Some people still think he can be a very high pick others say he’s overrated and should barely be a lotto pick

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Texts show Kansas coaches knew of Adidas role in Silvio De Sousa's recruitment

NEW YORK -- Former Adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola testified in federal court Monday that he didn't believe that Kansas Jayhawks coach Bill Self and assistant coach Kurtis Townsend were aware he was facilitating money from the sneaker company to the parents or guardians of high-profile recruits to ensure they signed with the Jayhawks.

But text messages between Gassnola, Self and Townsend presented by defense attorneys on Monday indicated the Kansas coaches were at least aware of Gassnola's involvement in the Jayhawks' recruitment of current player Silvio De Sousa, a native of Angola.

The testimony and revelation of the text messages came during the federal criminal trial involving Adidas executive James Gatto, Adidas consultant Merl Code and Christian Dawkins, a runner for former NBA agent Andy Miller. The men are charged with wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud by allegedly funneling money from Adidas to the families of recruits at Kansas, Louisville, Miami and NC State.

On Aug. 9, 2017, Townsend texted Gassnola and wrote, "Coach Self just talked to Fenny let me know how it goes."

A few hours later, Gassnola texted Self: "Hall of Fame. When you have 5 minutes and your [sic] alone call me."

Later that night, after Self hadn't responded, Gassnola texted him again: "I talked with Fenny."

"We good," Self asked via text.

"Always," Gassnola replied. "That's [sic] was light work. Ball is in his court now."

According to cellphone records presented during Monday's testimony, Gassnola and Self had a five-minute, six-second phone call later that night. Gassnola testified that he didn't recall what the men talked about. His phone was not being monitored via FBI wiretaps at the time.

On Aug. 26, 2017, Townsend forwarded Gassnola a text message that he said he'd received from Falmagne: "Coach has been on the phone with Angola. We are good to go. We will commit tomorrow."

De Sousa, who attended IMG Academy, committed to Kansas four days later.

On Sept. 19, 2017, three days before Kansas announced that it had agreed to a 12-year, $191 million contract extension with Adidas, Gassnola texted Self and thanked him for helping the sponsorship deal get done.

Self responded: "I'm happy with Adidas. Just got to get a couple real guys."

Gassnola replied: "In my mind, it's KU, bill self. Everyone else fall into line. Too [expletive] bad. That's what's right for Adidas basketball. And I know I am RIGHT. The more you win, have lottery pics [sic] and you happy. That's how it should work in my mind."

Self responded: "That's how ur works. At UNC and Duke." Gassnola replied at Kentucky as well.

"I promise you I got this," Gassnola wrote. "I have never let you down. Except Dyondre lol. We will get it right."

When Michael Schacter, Gatto's defense attorney, asked Gassnola if "Dyondre" was a reference to former Arizona player Deandre Ayton, Gassnola replied, "It is."

The government also introduced text messages between Preston and his mother, Nicole Player, in which she seems to instruct her son to deny knowledge about the purchase of an automobile he wrecked on the Kansas campus shortly after enrolling there in 2017.

On Nov. 13, 2017, Preston texted his mother and told her, "The NCAA dude just came to my floor. ... He said something about my car and how it's bought in [Florida] and all that."

She replied: "Tell him you don't know where it was bought. ... Your mom and nana handled that."

"You don't know," she continued. "[I don't care] what they say to you ... YOU DON'T KNOW."

After Preston replied, "GOT YOU," she wrote: "If they ask you about a person say, "I don't know ... I would have to see their face."

Read More: Texts show Kansas coaches knew of Adidas role

@Flight

:francis:

De Sousa isn't that great anyways so I guess it won't be too bad that he'll get ruled ineligble lol.